Thread: An American Hero

Default An American Hero

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,1982682.story

CHICAGO (AP) ? It was years in the making, so Staff Sgt. Sal Giunta had time to talk with his wife about the "what if" question. He'd been recommended for the Medal of Honor, the nation's highest military decoration. If chosen, his name would be in headlines. His face in the spotlight. He'd be a celebrity.

And again and again, he'd have to tell strangers the harrowing story of a deadly ambush in Afghanistan.

Please, go to the article in the LA Times and read the whole thing. This guy is really something special.
    We are constantly bombarded with how rotten people around us are, I think we sometimes forget the good. This guy is the good. Give yourself the oportunity to feel good about humanity. Read his story.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

Default Re: An American Hero

Incredible story, thanks for posting it. Definitely worth the time it takes to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Great read!!

Sal is from Cedar Rapids, IA. My hometown; it makes me proud to be from Iowa.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Very cool read! Sounds like he's a great guy.

I don't know about the rest of you but I was choked up reading that most of the article.

Thanks for sharing.