Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas song

Default Re: Christmas song

RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Just off the top of my head, I like Bruce Springsteen's version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." \
    I'll assume you mean the Springsteen version with Jon Bon Jovi. I also like the version by the Four Seasons.

The Little Drummer Boy live duet by David Bowie and Bing Crosby was an absolute genius creation of old and new that hit it the mark on a live broadcast. You have to understand that Bowie was a space cadet at the time.

Silent Night - Barbra Streisand

Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee

The Beach Boys - Little St. Nick

Most prefer John Lennon's Christmas Song, but I prefer Wonderful Christmas Time by Paul McCartney

Try a most unique version - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town --Frank Sinatra & Cyndi Lauper. That was cut after the Bing / Bowie smash.

"Baby, It's Cold Outside" ? A lot have tried that one. I like two versions, one by Eartha Kitt but the Leon Redbone and Zooey Deschanel duet version just blows me away. You'll remember Zooey singing a solo version in ELF.

Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Just off the top of my head, I like Bruce Springsteen's version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." I also like Madonna's remake of "Santa Baby" and Lady Antebellum's version of "Let It Snow."
    My mistake, I meant Lady Antebellum's version of "Baby It's Cold Outside." RYou's post made me think of this, and the Deschanel/Redbone one is great, too.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    I'll assume you mean the Springsteen version with Jon Bon Jovi. I also like the version by the Four Seasons.
    I can't speak for Spider, but I'm referring to the live version, with Clarence Clemons on sax.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    I can't speak for Spider, but I'm referring to the live version, with Clarence Clemons on sax.
    Yes, that's the one I meant. I wasn't aware of another version.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    How about the worst Christmas songs?
    I can appreciate your hatred of the Chipmunks, but hold on to your drinks. For 13 YEARS, I had to put up with a particular album every Christmas Eve. My whole family would go to my Grandma's every year. We knew what to expect. It would be cracking walnuts, driving around looking at Christmas lights, watching the Nutcracker (ugggghhh!!!) and JIM "F'ING" NABORS SINGING CHRISTMAS!!! That's right, Gomer sings Christmas was a staple at every Christmas eve that I can remember. I thought that my sisters, cousins and I threw the damn thing away one year, but SUPRISE, it was back again the next year! So, I leave you all with this............Merry Christmas

Two of my favorites:

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.