Thread: Yes He Did.

Default Yes He Did.

It was an inspiring evening.

Default Re: Yes He Did.

Is he wearing a snap bracelet???
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

I was at the rally last night -- it was amazing!

It looked awesome on Tv. Wish I had been there.

I was there too! Funny I didn't see you!

This is when they announced that Obama won.
    "All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind." -- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by BonnieJ2 View Post
    I was there too! Funny I didn't see you!

This is when they announced that Obama won.
    Ha! That would have been awesome if would have run into each other. I know so many people who went, but I only ran into one friend. We found each other right before we went through the metal detectors.

It was really cool to be in the crowd every time they announced the electoral votes. It kind of took us by surprise when they said he won, it happened so fast. We knew it would happen after 10 when the west coast polls closed, but they called it right away. There was a lot of excitement and then a weird quietness, at least amongst the people I was with. Like we were just really thinking about the reality of it. I went with my husband and two of our old friends from college that we see a few times a year (they live about an hour away). We talk about the regular stuff - work, family, house projects, kids' school stuff and kids driving our cars. All in their late 40's and African-American men, it was really cool that I had the chance to be there with them.
    "All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind." -- Abraham Lincoln