Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lloyd Carr

Default Re: Lloyd Carr

Quote Originally Posted by furches View Post
    Here is my take, early in the year, don't schedule a good 1 AA team, depth is one of the main differences, it is still 11 vs. 11, and there is no mistake about it App St is one of the best in 1 AA. I have seen and followed them and the rest of the Southern Conference for years and almost every year, them Furman, Western Carolina, the Mocs, or someone beats a good 1 A team, not usually this though, this is historic.

Side bar, I get pissed off every time I hear someone announce Appalachian State with a long sound on the Achain. It seems to me that the majority of people in America would learn the pronunciation that the people who live in that region use and is correct.

Last note, give App St. credit for playing a good game. It would be a shame to have a win like this and every time you hear about the game you hear about how Michigan screwed up. App St, just flat out beat them and had the plays when the plays mattered.
    Hey Mike, no knock against App State here. They played one heck of a game. But lets' face it, the outcome is a far cry from reality.
    App State has some very talented kids that executed their coach's plan near perfectly. Michigan on the other hand wasn't prepared for what App State threw at them and were a total embarassment to Div I football.

Quote Originally Posted by matclone View Post
    Achain as in cat, hat, or fat?
    Yes. Like the a in "cat" not the "a" in "hay"

On a side note, I went to the Carolina game today. The fans line up for the "Old Well Walk" which is when the team gets off the buses on one side of campus and walks through campus to the stadium with the band playing and everyone cheering.

While we were all lined up, about 15 minutes before the team arrived, the Tar Heel Sports Network broadcasts their pre-game radio program from that same spot on campus. They tuned into the radio broadcast of Appalachian State-Michigan for the final few minutes, and all the Carolina fans standing there were cheering hard.

Lots of partying going on in the little mountain town of Boone, NC tonight!
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

The goalposts came down in Boone even though it was an away game.

Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    Will not be on the sideline next week. Bet the ranch on it.
    If I lose the ranch, can I come live with you RYou?
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Videos Re: Lloyd Carr

I Was At The Game And Michigan Was Basically Out Played By Another Running Quarterback. Every Time They Were Stoped He Took Of On 2nd And Third Downs. They Moved The Ball At Will. Mich Had Like 7 Dumb Penelties. And Faild On Two Field Goals, To Block Guys That Were Alot Smaller But They Had Great Team Speed. Their Lb Were Basically Fs's At The Lb Spot And Were All Over The Place. The Fault Rests On The Coaches Shoulders For Not Preparing For This Game. Mike Hart Was Out Like Two Quarters And Still Managed Like 180 Yrds But They Just Couldnt Move The Ball Without Him In It Seemed.

Why that heck did Hart sit ? He wasn't injured, at least no indication of an injury on that 50+ yard run on the 4th.

Michigan has a hard time defending 4 receivers never mind 5. No pressure on the QB and when there was he just moved out of the pocket and took off or hit a receveier that wandered away from the defender.

Anyway, Carr is an absolute buffoon.

I looks like Carr will be on the sidelines this week... and I'll be homeless thanks to Ryou.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ Kind View Post
    I looks like Carr will be on the sidelines this week... and I'll be homeless thanks to Ryou.
    Okay, so if UM loses to Oregon, then Carr is gone.

Oh well, come think of, there is no better punishment than to have Carr out there in front of the fans again.

Mark my words - Lloyd Carr will anounce his retirement before the Ohio State game....if UM doesn't fire him within the weeks prior to it.

There will be a new coach on the Wolverine sideline in 2008. UM will want to get an early start on locking in a replacement. Could it be App States Jerry Moore ? Doubtful, Moore is a bit long in the tooth.
    They just better stay away from my man Greg Schiano.

Everybody get off Lloyd Carr already. We think he's an outstanding coach!!

OSU Fan.