Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football Pool Week 9 Results

Default NCAA Football Pool Week 9 Results

Indiana Wrestler and resident marine on TheMat is the first to be a perfect Jimmy the Greek for the Week going 10 for 10 in week 9. Not letting himself get Tresseled, he stuck with the better team Penn State for the 5 bonus points.

Wrestling Terp and Horatio were tied with Indiana all having a 9 for 9 day until the results of the Iowa State v Texas A&M game was tallied leaving Indiana with the title.

Viratas has held on to the season title lead racking up 11 points on the week, while past leaders akin and Vak Brannigan bet against the better team with Ohio State and have now fallen behind. Horatio (13) and 2005 champ cb (12) both closed the gap to the lead.

...on to week 10. Will Texas Tech or Arkansas State put Penn State one step closer to the title game?

" Jimmy The Greek of Week 9 "
    Indiana Wrestler 14 (perfection 10 for 10)
    Horatio 13
    Wrestling Terp 13
    cb 12
    Gage 12
    Dimaria 11
    furches 11
    Got_Pride? 11
    JensenS 11
    JPV 11
    pearce2100 11
    red viking 11
    RYou 11
    Stardust 11
    tpay 11
    Viratas 11
    Big Stiffy 10
    fudge tunnel 10
    ISU2008 10
    nywrestler4life 10
    pawrestl1 10
    UGLY 10
    ajbradley21 9
    brycemus 9
    Champ Kind 9
    chrisalanhammer 9
    legridder155 9
    Metsfan 9
    mgard84 9
    Trusty 9
    rhenrick 8
    WhippetGrappler 8
    akin 6
    cap'n combover 6
    doylewolfgang 6
    Vak Brannigan 6
    Zarathustra 6
    gesgano 5
    mEaThEaDo 4
    Vice Grip 4
    Jointdoc55 3
    Ground & Pound 2

2008 NCAA U PICK'EM CHAMPIONSHIP
    Viratas 85
    RYou 81
    Horatio 79
    cb 78
    pawrestl1 78
    Vak Brannigan 76
    akin 73
    UGLY 73
    Dimaria 73
    doylewolfgang 72
    Big Stiffy 71
    Champ Kind 70
    furches 70
    Stardust 70
    chrisalanhammer 69
    Jointdoc55 69
    Metsfan 69
    ajbradley21 68
    Indiana Wrestler 67
    tpay 67
    brycemus 66
    red viking 66
    JensenS 65
    pearce2100 65
    mgard84 64
    cap'n combover 63
    fudge tunnel 63
    ISU2008 62
    legridder155 62
    Gage 61
    Wrestling Terp 61
    gesgano 60
    Vice Grip 59
    Trusty 55
    mEaThEaDo 54
    RD149-2 52
    Ground & Pound 48
    nywrestler4life 47
    WhippetGrappler 35
    JPV 31
    Gripsnhips 29
    Zarathustra 19
    rhenrick 18
    Got_Pride? 11
    mdog 9

Jimmy the Greek Champions
    Week
    1 (9 of 10)
    Big Stiffy
    2 (9 of 10)
    pawrestl1
    UGLY 13
    3 (9 of 10)
    pearce2100
    Viratas
    4 (8 of 10)
    Big Stiffy (No.2)
    5 (6 of 10)
    ajbradley21
    mEaThEaDo
    Viratas (No.2)
    6 (8 of 10)
    doylewolfgang
    legridder155
    RYou
    7 (8 of 10)
    mgard84
    8 (8 of 10)
    akin
    cap'n combover
    9 (10 of 10)
    Indiana Wrestler
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Default Re: NCAA Football Pool Week 9 Results

Wow, I got 13? Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile...

By the way RYou, looks like all the stories of Rutgers demise were a bit premature!

And my Terps are ranked! We'll probably move up next week since we don't play on Saturday. But then again we play Va Tech a week from Thursday.
    Last edited by WrestlingTerp; 10-26-2008 at 04:11 PM.
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!?

This week, let's give some love to the Tulsa / Arkansas game at Arkansas. Should be a a close spred even though Tulsa has the #1 rated offense in the country. Will be a chance to see if they are real assuming they get by Central Florida tonight.
    The Virtual Pew
    Hollywood Jesus
    Personal Web Page
    MySpace Page
    Church Web Page

---------------------------

A certain amount of opposition is of great help to a man. Kites rise against, not with the wind. ~ John Neal

Quote Originally Posted by WrestlingTerp View Post
    Wow, I got 13? Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile...

By the way RYou, looks like all the stories of Rutgers demise were a bit premature!

And my Terps are ranked! We'll probably move up next week since we don't play on Saturday. But then again we play Va Tech a week from Thursday.
    Before yesterday, I just couldn't figure Rutgers out. The talent was raw, but there was plenty of talent. The passing offiense just couldn't connect. Teel, Britt, Underwood have been conmnecting for 3 years now, there shouldn't be issues. Receivers would breako off routes, Teel would miss by inches, dropped catches when the pass was on target. My biggest gripe was the fact that when the caught the ball, they never made any forward progress.

Now I know the Pitt DBacks are no worse, not better than Navy, Cinncy, UNC, but the everything clicked. Passes were right on, and for big yardage, not a single drop all day. It opened up the run for Young and company. The D, hey they gave up 31 points. Pass D was horrible, but for a change they got some pics too.

Before yesterday, the 5 Rutgers losses were to teams that had a combined 32-8 record, none with more than 2 losses. UNC has had some bigswins, Navy beat Wake. West Virginia blew out Auburn, Rutgers lost by seven and had the ball on the final drive and threw a pic. Same for Navy, picked off to end the game.

I don't like the Rutgers offensive coordinator at all, never have. His play calling is very predictable and he doesn't mix it up. Bottomline, Rutgers is the best 3-5 team out there, no question about it. I'm not holding my breath but, if they continue to click and draw some effort off the improvement, they could very well finish No. 2 in the Big East at 7-5 and in the Meinecke against an ACC (Maryland?)or other 2nd tier Bowl.
    Last edited by RYou; 10-26-2008 at 04:56 PM.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Maryland is unpredictable too. We're bowl eligible but could end up 6-6! I'd say we end up about 8-4. Our final four games are against Va Tech, Florida State, North Carolina, and Boston College. We could beat all of them or, well, there's that 6-6.
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!?

Maryland is unpredictable too. We're bowl eligible but could end up 6-6! I'd say we end up about 8-4. Our final four games are against Va Tech, Florida State, North Carolina, and Boston College. We could beat all of them or, well, there's that 6-6.
    brutal finish

The way the injuries have been piling up for us this season, Carolina might be using intramural players by Nov 15!
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    The way the injuries have been piling up for us this season, Carolina might be using intramural players by Nov 15!
    Everyone battles injuries, that is one of the realities of college football. Guys cycle in and out throughout the year. Maryland may be without Scott and Philisten, but may get another linebacker back in the lineup. Va Tech had their two top QBs injured against Florida State on Saturday.

The NFL has an unlimited number of players since they can sign someone mid-season. In college football they have to go with who they have, which the criticisms of 85 scholarships don't seem to take into account. Staying healthy, and depth, are critical to having good seasons.

Sort of feels like we are feeding on each other in the ACC this year though! Anyone, and I mean anyone, can win on any given Saturday. NC State is VERY dangerous. Cripes, even Duke is having a decent year!

Everyone battles injuries, that is one of the realities of college football. Guys cycle in and out throughout the year. Maryland may be without Scott and Philisten, but may get another linebacker back in the lineup. Va Tech had their two top QBs injured against Florida State on Saturday.

The NFL has an unlimited number of players since they can sign someone mid-season. In college football they have to go with who they have, which the criticisms of 85 scholarships don't seem to take into account. Staying healthy, and depth, are critical to having good seasons.

Sort of feels like we are feeding on each other in the ACC this year though! Anyone, and I mean anyone, can win on any given Saturday. NC State is VERY dangerous. Cripes, even Duke is having a decent year!
    I know injuries happen, but we've had more injuries to KEY players so far this year than I can remember us having in a long time. 4 of our best offensive starters gone in the first half of the season.

Who woulda thunk that Wake vs Dook this weekend would be a battle??
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference