Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your favorite food missed while cutting weight?

Default Re: What is your favorite food missed while cutting weight?

It is not so much foods I missed, as foods I learned to hate. A hard-boiled egg will just about make me ill, 45 years later.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

I would say the Thanksgiving Dinner being smaller than a normal meal was the biggest. The other notable memory would be how much better water tasted than any other drink.

Good topic. I'm from the old days when everyone it seems cut a lot of weight. Most of us did it in crazy stupid fashion too.

What I missed the most was plain old water. I would daydream about diving into a pool of cool clear water and drinking myself drunk.

As for real food, it would be whatever was in front of me at the moment. I craved and wanted everything. I remember sitting in a late morning class with a teammate drawing pictures of food. Ribs, pancake stacks with tall squares of butter and heavy honey syrup dripping down the sides. I remember those terrible days all too well.

What I missed the most was plain old water. I would daydream about diving into a pool of cool clear water and drinking myself drunk.

Agreed... lack of food never really bothered me, except when I got tired at practice. Dehydration is the thing that gets to me.

i missed spaghetti, don't know why, i'm not even italian. i went from a lean 155 after soccer season to 132 in approx. three weeks to make weight the day of the first dual my senior season. i left our hs 1/2 lb under to go to the away dual. when we weighed in i missed weight, don't know by how much. i had to weight for everyone else to get weighed to see where i was. anyway, when i got back on the scale i made weight. the other coach laughed at our coach and told him he had to keep his eye on the scale, when i got on the first time the 100lb weight was not latched in, so it made me appear to miss weight. i was still the same 1/2 under. relieved and pissed i beat the bloody snot out of my opponent that night 11-0 leaving him to ponder his coaches antics with those little tampons up his nose.
    but then again, i may be retarded

NCAA Champ

The food I missed the most was Mexican, since I'm Mexican/American that's saying alot.
    After football I would cut 25/28 lbs. in about three weeks. Once I cut to 112 lbs. by working out and not eating for 4 days, (never did that again, but I did win the tourney and at the end of the day I gained 9 lbs.). At school I would go up to the wrestling room at luch time to sleep, also so I wouldn't smell food or see others eating.

Back then, White Castle hamburgers, but didn't miss them. Win or lose, had them after every Saturday night meet. Didn't have to fret about the weight since I wasn't wrestling due to a shredded knee.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

i havent got to the point where i gotta de-hydrate myself but im sure that will suck pretty bad