Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Reading? TWT Book Discussion

Default Re: What Are You Reading? TWT Book Discussion

Just finished South. Now I'm off to Reread a couple of my favorites:
    The Sun Also Rises,
    and,
    The Sparrow (one of my all time favorites)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

http://www.humankinetics.com/product...ing-drill-book

The Wrestling Drill Book

By William Welker

Product Description
    A wrestler’s ability to execute his moves quickly and instinctively is often the difference between winning and losing a match. Drills are the most effective practice activities to use to ingrain the instinctive actions and reactions essential for wrestling success.

The Wrestling Drill Book includes match-tested drills, carefully chosen by coaches who are experts in the specific techniques and tactics they cover. Each drill is described in detail with illustrations, modifications, and coaching points for maximum effectiveness. Beginning with essential movement drills and progressing to takedowns, escapes, reversals, rides, and pinning combinations, the book addresses each fundamental that wrestlers must hone in order to become champions. A customizable practice plan demonstrates how drills can be combined and sequenced for the ultimate wrestling workout.

Make practice time productive time. The Wrestling Drill Book is an essential manual for success on the mat.

This is an interesting read, only a 9 page short story but very well written.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

I'm now about halfway through with The Big Short, by Michael Lewis. I just picked it up yesterday at the bookstore, as the book is not available for Kindle download. This is the third Michael Lewis book I've read, along with Moneyball and The Blind Side - his books are very readable. Anyway, The Big Short is about a few folks who saw the real estate crash coming and made boatloads of money very quickly. It's a good lesson about avoiding conventional wisdom whenever possible, or at least examining the assumptions behind the CW.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Big-Short-Inside-Doomsday-Machine/dp/0393072231/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270920975&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine (9780393072235): Michael Lewis: Books[/ame]

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, John Berendt

Went to the library and The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown was being sold for $1.00 as they over ordered-the story is fantastic-especially since most of it is true-GOOGLE Washington/Zeus and see what pops up. THAT statue stayed in the White House for a # of years-it depicts Washington in flowing robes with his right hand raised as he becomes a GOD .First name of Washington DC ? Rome .

|16|3|2|13|
    |5|10|11|8|
    |9|6|7|12|
    |4|15|14|1|
    This is a magic square from Melencolia I 1514 by Albrecht Durer-a Christian Mystic from the 16th century -the painting can be found on line although it is very disturbing .
    In the glass window behind the winged figure you see the Magic square -all #'s added = 34 -in every direction -a seemingly impossible task yet Durer takes it a step further by putting the 15 and 14 side by side to show the year it was painted .This novel cannot be put down .
    The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown .

Rpayton, if you don't mind my asking, what are your religious beliefs? I thought you were an atheist for some reason, but I notice a lot of your posts have some mystical/religious content to them. Do you mind clarifying?

I am a Gnostic - I believe the kingdom of God is within us all, call it Buddha Nature , The Divine Spark -what have you , but Mankind has powers within us , we need only search for them-I adhere to the Hermetic aphorism ''Know ye not that ye are gods ''? '' As above , so below ''. And so on .
    I just have a serious problem with Organized Religions .I find their Dogma oppressive and controlling .
    Even the Holy bible states in Psalms 82:6:'' Ye are Gods ''.
    I would say I would have been a Cathar follower and walked into the flames rather than convert to Catholicism .