Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don't touch my kid like that!

Default Don't touch my kid like that!

Click here to view the video
    http://www.theindychannel.com/news/17479489/detail.html

Parents Call For Coach's Firing After Sideline Confrontation

Video Shows Coach Grabbing Player, Sitting Him Down On Bench

INDIANAPOLIS -- The parents of a Warren Central High School football player are calling for their son's coach to be fired after an altercation on the sidelines during Friday night's game.

The confrontation between Nathan White and head coach John Hart was caught on tape by 6News' cameras. The video shows White receiving an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for hitting a Ben Davis High School player out of bounds. Then there is pushing and shoving between players from both squads. After the commotion, Hart is seen grabbing White by the face or the chest and leading him back to the bench.

Delbert White told 6News' Derrik Thomas Monday that he believed Hart abused his son, putting him at risk for a possible spinal injury by grabbing him by the face mask.

"The coach should be suspended, fired. I think he should be arrested," he said.

White's mother, Joyce White, said that Hart had apologized to her after the incident.

"He apologized several times and I stated to him the apology wasn't accepted," she said. "He harmed my son. He used excessive force."

White's family had a meeting with the school principal Monday morning, but said they were not satisfied with what they were told.

School officials said that Hart did the right thing.

"I think the coach intervened to make a bad situation from getting worse. That's obviously a very, very, spirited contest when we play Ben Davis High School. Emotions run very, very high. That's where we are at this point in time," said spokesman Tony Burchett.

6News was not able to reach Hart on Monday. Any action taken against Hart would not be made public because it was a confidential personnel matter, school officials said.

White sat out the rest of Friday's game following the incident. He has been cleared to practice and play in this week's game, his family said.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Default Re: Don't touch my kid like that!

Bah, the kid plays football and they are upset the coach used excessive force...

Apple Valley wrestling wouldn't have a coaching staff if they were fired every time someone was rough.

Sometimes I think parents shouldn't even be allowed to attend sporting events.

As I stated on the football forum, if the parents would have instilled some discipline at home, then the football coach wouldn't have to do it on the football field.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

If a coach did something like that to me I would give him a nice slam in the Family Jewels.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Champ Kind View Post
    As I stated on the football forum, if the parents would have instilled some discipline at home, then the football coach wouldn't have to do it on the football field.
    Well, its tough to win that argument as the coach though. If I were him I would have said I broke up an altercation between two students by using the force I deemed necessary when dealing with a large, physically fit, football player... never apologize- it admits wrong-doing! lol

The wussification of American continues. Get that kid a PS2 and the parents, eh, it's too easy.

This just proves how dumb some parents are. Their kids' a dumbass and they want to guy fired who tried to show him some discipline. I think we should screen people before they consider having kids and if they aren't smarter than a rail, they can't have any.
    Oregon Wrestling Forum www.theowf.net/the_owf

Don't you know who I am? I'm the JUGGERNAUT BIATCH!!

Quote Originally Posted by grecowrestler13 View Post
    If a coach did something like that to me I would give him a nice slam in the Family Jewels.
    That is big talk, but it is bullst. You would be (are?) a 15-18 year old kid playing high school football. Your football coach would be an adult. An adult would, should he choose, kick your a$$ until you had to part your hair to crap. Your only point of safety would be if the coach showed adult restraint and let you get away with it. Then you are hiding behind your immaturity to get away with the assault. Real football players get chastized for screwing up, take it, and learn from it. It's called "manning up". The opposite of punking out.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.