Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metallica and Coors light

Default Re: Metallica and Coors light

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    Whenever we tailgate I bring 2 coolers, mine and the other one. The other one is loaded with Coors Light and is for my daughter's visitors that walk up. I know they can't get ripped on it. Mine stays inaccesible to anyone else and contains the real beer.
    ???????????Alcohol content for Coor's Light is 4.36%. Alcohol for Coor's is 4.9% I suspect that .54% difference is not going to make a significant difference in their ability to get hammered. Please note Stiffy's reason for drinking it.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

Quote Originally Posted by M Richardson View Post
    ???????????Alcohol content for Coor's Light is 4.36%. Alcohol for Coor's is 4.9% I suspect that .54% difference is not going to make a significant difference in their ability to get hammered. Please note Stiffy's reason for drinking it.
    I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that when RYou said "real beer" he wasn't referring to regular Coors.

Shea Stadium
    1964 - 2008

http://www.theopenmat.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan View Post
    I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that when RYou said "real beer" he wasn't referring to regular Coors.
    American market beers do not vary significantly in their alcohol content. Most run very close to 4.5% alcohol (by volume). Content will vary by state. Many states mandate "3.2" beer, which is 3.2% by weight (percentage by weight is the ATFB required measurement.) That comes out to 4% by volume.
    European beers vary significantly in alcohol. Most British beers come in around 4%, with the premium bitters and special bitters running up to 5%. German beers are typically stronger, with the southern beers usually starting at about 4% and running up from there. Watch out for German beers ending in "ator" (for example, the Fastenbier Optimator) which will run from 6.8% to 8.5%.
    The Belgium Labics that my wife and daughters love run between 7.5% and 8%.
    Most of this information was taken from Michael Jackson's World Guide to Beer.

Good info MR. There are, however, still a number of beers available whose ABV % could make a difference in their ability to get hammered. It all depends on what RYou actually had in that other cooler.

Shea Stadium
    1964 - 2008

Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan View Post
    Good info MR. There are, however, still a number of beers available whose ABV % could make a difference in their ability to get hammered. It all depends on what RYou actually had in that other cooler.
    Dogfishhead makes an IPA that's 18% ABV.
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

Didn't Ryou say it was MGD?
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    Didn't Ryou say it was MGD?
    If so, I don't see how that qualifies as 'real beer' in any sense of the phrase

Shea Stadium
    1964 - 2008

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    Dogfishhead makes an IPA that's 18% ABV.
    LOL! That's not beer, that's a barleywine! Seriously, 18% by volume would be stronger than most wines. I made an IPA that was around 12% and it was a two-beers-and-take-a-nap brew.