Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had my dog put to sleep today

Default Re: Had my dog put to sleep today

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Good lord, why do we take in pets...
    After my childhood dog died I didn't want anymore dogs for that exact reason. Saying goodbye is just a bit too much, especially when it's every 10-15 years. Too often to see something you love go away.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Hey I'm really sorry to read that, but I'm sure you had unconditional love from it and wouldn't have missed having them for the world. Just think back to all the fun times you had together. Do you have lots of photos to remind you? I have a 7 yo Jack Russell and am making sure I have lots to remember him by in case anything happens. God bless you at this sad time.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    After my childhood dog died I didn't want anymore dogs for that exact reason. Saying goodbye is just a bit too much, especially when it's every 10-15 years. Too often to see something you love go away.
    I had the same experience, havent had a dog since
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Sorry to hear the news, Zapp. I even thought of putting up a similar post myself on December 3, as we had to put our old buddy/cat of 15 years down. It was pretty crushing.

My sympathies.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

I also had to do this years ago and it was very difficult. In life, we must risk the lows if we want to hit the highs. We can hide from life and be safe, or we can go for it and win some and lose some.

There's a scene in the movie Parenthood where the Grandma, whom everyone thinks is senile, starts talking about when her husband used to take her to the fair. She says that most people enjoyed the merry-go-round but she preferred the roller coaster. She says that instead of just being safe and going around in circles, she'd rather be a little scared, but know she's been on a real ride. By the end of her speech, it's obvious that she's making a profound statement about life.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.