Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Note to all: DO NOT SEE Burn After Reading

Default Re: Note to all: DO NOT SEE Burn After Reading

They won some award or another for 'No country for Old Men' and I liked that much less than their retelling of Ulysses ,' O' Brother Where Art Thou?'-Raising Arizona ruled -I was living in glendale at the time and none of the locals liked it but it was dead on -I especially liked Randall 'Tex' Cobb's character , just about what every biker i saw looked like out there .

Previews did look great, which is another reason I was let down. I haven't been let down by movie previews so bad since I saw "Spaced Invaders" when I was like 11.

Those aliens did NOT chant "Toga! Toga!" in the movie like they did on the previews.

Bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius J. Reilly View Post
    Fargo or Jerry McGuire should have won over the English Patient but generally the Academy are a bunch of wanking fairies so they get it wrong quite a bit.
    Wasn't Fargo a Coen Brother movie?
    I also thought it won best picure.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    They won some award or another for 'No country for Old Men' and I liked that much less than their retelling of Ulysses ,' O' Brother Where Art Thou?'-Raising Arizona ruled -I was living in glendale at the time and none of the locals liked it but it was dead on -I especially liked Randall 'Tex' Cobb's character , just about what every biker i saw looked like out there .
    No Country for Old Men won best picture. I thought it was good but liked O' Brother Where Art Thou? & Raising Arizona better as well, but those are not the type of movies that win awards.