Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rutgers Football

Default Re: Rutgers Football

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    It would at the very least be two recruiting classes. They made strides in their performance for several years in a row leading up to the run of bowl games. They were 11-2 in 2006 lost some good seniors and the next year were still a solid team winning another bowl game. Losing those two classes really depleted them so now they have to rebuild. Rutgers is certainly not an established program and they cant bring in top recruits the way the big time programs can so I expect these types of ups and downs from this point. Even this team still has skill in certain areas but they are young and have holes in a lot areas.
    Fair enough. I guess what happens through the rest of this season as they gain experience and then the next two will tell us more. Even the great programs have down years - it just depends on how far down they go and if/where they are able to return that tells if the program is moving forward on solid ground.

Shea Stadium
    1964 - 2008

http://www.theopenmat.com/

I just do not see Rutgers going back to the way they were. I mean they may have a pitiful record this year but I mean no one even cared about Rutgers in the past and i mean that to include the state, the students and faculty. Many people wanted them to get rid of the program and there was no hope. Schiano provided that hope and he has turned the program around, they signed some solid recruits this year and I expect them to be average next year and in two years back to a bowl game.

Just checked and the 2007 recruiting class was ranked in the top 30. They followed that up with a class that wasnt as strong overall but had several good prospects. Ten years ago this would be unheard of for Rutgers.
    Last edited by p-jersey; 09-12-2008 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan View Post
    That perhaps a certain Welch fan uses that name for Adolf's bodyguard as a slap in the face to Winston fans?
    Interesting, never thought of that
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post

Okay, so today I caught some replay of the game on the highlights. After being there, I really didn't want to watch the replay, but....

What went on outside of the TV cameras, was ten times worse than what you saw on the field. Except for the first RU set, where once agin they choke in the red zone and then the first set UNC had the ball, RU was ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. Alright anytime a QB puts up 5 int's you're losing, but two of those were tipped and should been caught.
    RU has a young offensive line, but they didn't have as bad a game as the experienced guys. RU has three excellent receivers and a highly expereienced and good QB. They were horrible against Fresno and again last night. They run routes and then stop. Teel hasn't been as sharp as when he had a broken hand.

The biggest surprise has been the defen-seive. The CBs and safeties have no clue as what they are doing at there. They stand around watching the QB waiting for ball direction. It was incredible, for every UNC completion, they could have had 4 more if the QB thrhrew it to the open man. That was something you couldn't see on the tube. The D backfield and receivers and Teel have the most experience on this team and they have played the worst of the bunch. Everyone looks at the O and D line as being green, well those guys are doing okay. They've given up two sacks so far. Mason Robinson had 93 yards on 16 carries. Not ray Rice numbers but he diodn't get as many carries either. Double the carries (30) to match Rice and the yardage just as good.

I don't know what Schiano was doing with that team in pre-season but it sure doesn't look like they were practicing. Very disappointing.

UNC totally outplayed RU. They don't have the talent equal to RU, sans Tate, but they came to play and they executed...Rutgers. The same offensive coordinator is back for RU. I can't stand his calls. Pass patterns are far too predictable. Special teams front line doesn't block anyone. Ah, I could go on, but I won't. It's gonna be a long year.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post

UNC totally outplayed RU. They don't have the talent equal to RU, sans Tate, but they came to play and they executed...
    Umm, Marvin Austin, Hakeem Nicks, Greg Little and I would respectfully disagree.
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Schiano is just waiting to collect $$$ when they finish the additions to the new stadium and then its off to Penn St.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Quote Originally Posted by gjfovf View Post
    Schiano is just waiting to collect $$$ when they finish the additions to the new stadium and then its off to Penn St.
    Ha, at this rate, Schiano isn't even headed to Norfolk State.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.