Thread: MLB Trading Deadline

Default MLB Trading Deadline

As the deadline approaches it looks like we've got.....

Mark Texeira to the Braves
    Eric Gagne to the Red Sox
    Octavio Dotel to the Braves
    Morgan Ensberg to the Padres
    Wilson Betimet to the Yankees
    Kyle Loshe to the Phillies
    Luis Castillo to the Mets
    Joel Pineiro to the Cardinals
    He let himself down, for what...a woman. I say, go be a world champion let the women come to you......Tito Ortiz

www.d1collegewrestling.net

Default Re: MLB Trading Deadline

Lohse is a non-factor...he will not show up when it matters, ask ALL Twins fans.

The Twins by getting rid of Luis Castillo have actually fired up the team, they have gone on a three game winning streak saying "we're not done yet" and remain six back in the wild card chase. I think the Twins got rid of Castillo this year (save $2 million remaining on contract and $6 million next year) and they will try to get rid of Joe Nathan's $6 million dollar contract and make a run for Hunter at seasons end.

I don't think thats smart. I LOVE Hunter but he is not going to repeat this year and he is not getting younger. I don't think you shell out $16 million to this guy. Save it and get a free agent third baseman, DH and center fielder for next year.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

sorry to hijack that thread....
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Maybe the Giants can get Joe Nathan back! Man, outside of Barry B, this season really sucks! At least I have a promising 49er team to look forward to, provided Gores broken arm heals quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    sorry to hijack that thread....
    No need to apologize.

I don't think Castillo is much of a player anymore. I thought he would be a good fit in the Dome, but it looks like his speed is non-existant with 9 SB's so far this year.

I don't agree w/ going after Hunter either. The Twins are usually pretty smart w/ their money so I would think that they reconsider shelling out a bunch of money for a guy who's aging and isn't really a franchise player.
    He let himself down, for what...a woman. I say, go be a world champion let the women come to you......Tito Ortiz

www.d1collegewrestling.net