Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airline pricing

Default Airline pricing

The new little catch 22 for airlines is they charge you for luggage now. I'll be booking a flight in the next couple of days and was wondering if anybody knew which airlines didn't charge for the first suitcase? Any help would be phenomenal as it'll save me a few bucks.
    Curtis Chenoweth
    wannabe national champ headed to a new home:walkman:

Default Re: Airline pricing

Southwest! Haven't you seen the commercials? They love bags
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

OR I have a better idea. Don't fly. Stay in the Carolinas and come visit me at the Scuffle

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Lol well I might as well be staying. I'll only be home for 12 days b/c we're wrestling Kent State and Michigan this Sunday and then we're at the Midwest Classic on the 2nd. When is the Scuffle?
    Curtis Chenoweth

Don't bring too large of a bag and take it down to the gate. They will see it and make you gate check it - for no charge, or you'll be able to get it on board. If it happens not to fit, they will get check it and for no charge. Just be sure to find out if will be sent to the carousel upon arrival or brought back up to the gate for pick-up, just outside the aircraft door.

Find out what size aircraft you'll be flying. A lot are flying these little Embraer jets on shuttles of 1000 miles or less that have little overhead space. About half the travel bags get gate checked, all for free.

Now if you are flying home for the holiday and plan on taking all that wash home for Mom, you may have to rethink the load.

Also, you are allowed 2 bags, 1 carry on and 1 personal,; the third can be gate checked. Don't make No.s 2 & 3 too large since one can go above, one at your feet with the 3rd gate checked. Or if you want volunteer to let them gate check 2 bags.

If you are checking in online for an electronic ticket be sure to enter 0 for No. of bags checked. If you indicate 1 or 2 and decide to carry all on, you'll never get your money back. With the electronic ticket you won't need to go to the ticket counter and can bring your load down to the gate - for the freebie gate check.

Oh yea, don't bring your bags up to the gate counter early as they may have time to charge you, just keepem till they call your row or group and let the gate keeper snag the bag. They won't take the time to write up the fee once they are boarding.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Stiffy View Post
    Lol well I might as well be staying. I'll only be home for 12 days b/c we're wrestling Kent State and Michigan this Sunday and then we're at the Midwest Classic on the 2nd. When is the Scuffle?
    FYI - Kent state will broadcast the Newberry dual. Cost is $2.50 for a one month subscription. Doesn't look like they will include the Newberry v Michigan dual.

All the best to you Stiffy. Witt and Zeerip will be good challenges for you.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Stiffy View Post
    29th & 30th. How's the knee?

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    FYI - Kent state will broadcast the Newberry dual. Cost is $2.50 for a one month subscription. Doesn't look like they will include the Newberry v Michigan dual.

All the best to you Stiffy. Witt and Zeerip will be good challenges for you.
    Maybe they'll end up showing Newberry vs Michigan. There was a tri-meet last year that I purchased the webcast for, and during the match that didn't feature the home team, they left the video running so you could still watch the match. They just didn't have the announcers calling it.

I don't get why Newberry doesn't come to the Scuffle.

Thanks a lot Ryou.

The knees doin a little bit better but the incision is still pretty tender. I should be good after break though, once I have time to actually rest it for a few days. And we go to Midwest instead mainly because of it's seeding purposes.
    Curtis Chenoweth