Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police Shooting in NY

Default Police Shooting in NY

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34104176...me_and_courts/

I fail to see how you can fault the cops when a fleeing suspect turns and points a gun at you.
    Your ignorance is painful to witness.....

Default Re: Police Shooting in NY

Allegedly.

It sounds like there is a healthy mistrust of the NYPD. It takes many good deeds to earn someones trust, but just one misdeed to lose it. When cops are a-holes to people, even in small ways, it leads to distrust. If the cops lie about little things, how do they expect people to believe that the kid actually pointed a gun at them. And we all know the code of cops to stick together and back up each others stories.

3 wounds in the middle of his back? doesnt sound like he was pointing a gun at them when he was shot.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

What they missed 3 times!!! They need more target practice.
    http://www.youtube.com/TonyAvallone
    Dad of Karissa 155lb Varsity College Freshman

Three people firing do not act simultaneously. Proper tactics would indicate they would be at least somewhat spread out. The shots that hit the suspect in the side would turn him - exposing his back. That may well explain, also, how he was struck in both sides - as he continued turning. When confronted by an armed opponent, there is not a lot of time for rational, contemplative, decision-making. Instinct and reaction take over. It is: Recognise danger - SHOOT! Not: gee, If Joe shoots him first, he may turn exposing his back, and that would look bad in the newspapers tomorrow.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

What were you doing that you were running from the cops in the first place?

Perhaps he's been roughed up by the cops in the past? Regardless of why, running away does not necessitate being shot and killed.

Maybe the kid pointed a gun at the cops and maybe he didn't. Just because the cops say he did, doesn't make it a fact.

If the cops had more integrity and a better relationship with the community, perhaps their word would be more freely accepted.

So, you're inclined to believe that he just ran away with his 9mm in his hand and the cops shot him for no reason?

Okay. I just choose to believe that those who carry guns and run from the cops are not the good guys.

G & P brings up a valid point. It certainly isn't hard for cops to fabricate evidence to cover up their own crimes. I'm not saying this is what happened but it certainly isn't outside the realm of possibilities.
    Your ignorance is painful to witness.....