Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chad Johnson/Ocho Cinco

Default Re: Chad Johnson/Ocho Cinco

At first, I thought Chad changing his name was because there were so many Bengals with the last name "Johnson"... then they all were cut from the team. ;-)

To answer the question, his apparent new last name is "Ocho Cinco" not just "Cinco."

Here in Cincinnati, his star is not as bright as it once was. His "I'm gonna sit out the season" shenanigans during the off-season did not sit well with the hard-workin', tax payin' folks of Hamilton County who are paying mucho dinero for the Paul Brown Palace. To add insult to injury, he had promised to give away a new Lexus sedan in a $100-a-ticket raffle at a local comedy club... then, as he was about to draw the name of the winner, he said, "You guys don't mind if I just give the car to my girlfriend, do you?" and he did. The ticketholders sued; he reneged on his promise, broke the law (you can't have a prize drawing then withdraw the prize, especially when folks have paid for a chance). Luckily for him, Kentucky county prosecutors failed to prosecute; ticketholders pressed a civil suit; he and the comedy club came to a legal settlement with the folks who were cheated out of a chance at Ocho Cinco's car. (By the way, the girlfriend left him. Not sure if she still has the Lexus.)

Oh, and ticket brokers are selling tix to this weekend's home owner at about half of face value. Apparently a lot of season ticket holders have grown tired of the circus. I know I have.

Mark

I'm just hoping that the bengals trade him mid season to a team where he'll have to wear a different number than 85

^^ That would be hilarious.

Shea Stadium
    1964 - 2008

http://www.theopenmat.com/

We'll take him on the Chargers. Lots of spanish speaking fans in the San Diego area. Bet he'd find sunny San Diego a great place to live, play and finish out his career. We even have the 805 freeway (Ocho zero Cinco). Maybe it's a sign.
    Lets go Brent!

Quote Originally Posted by Champ Kind View Post
    For once I side with him. The NFL is now saying if he wants his legal name on his jersey he must reimburse Reebok for the already printed jerseys with "C. Johnson" on them. That would cost around $4 million!

Does the NFL really have the right to do this?
    Ocho Cinco is not on my favorite person's list but I feel he is correct this time -his name is legally no longer Chad Johnson -the NFL should put his name on his jersey -The NBA had to when Lew Alcindor became Kareem -I don't see a difference .As far as Reebok biting the bullet -they shouldn't have endorsed this flake .

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    We'll take him on the Chargers. Lots of spanish speaking fans in the San Diego area. Bet he'd find sunny San Diego a great place to live, play and finish out his career. We even have the 805 freeway (Ocho zero Cinco). Maybe it's a sign.

Herr Adolph-do you think Rivers and Johnson and Tomlinson's egos could fit on one team ?