Thread: Affordable ADULT wrestling clubs near Westchester county/Manhattan/Rockland/Putnum/Dutchess/Ulster

Default Affordable ADULT wrestling clubs near Westchester county/Manhattan/Rockland/Putnum/Dutchess/Ulster

Hey,

I'm new to the forum and I accidentally posted this in the freestyle/greco section.

I've been doing martial arts my whole life and have a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

My whole life I wanted to be on a wrestling team but I always attended small private schools that never had a team.

Now I am in my early 30s and I get some great wrestling training at my instructor's academy, Precision MMA in Lagrange, NY, but I would like more mat time if possible and I was wondering if there were any AFFORDABLE clubs in the Westchester, Manhatten, Rockland, Putnum, or Dutchess/Ulster county areas of NY??

It must be a club for ADULTS or which has many adult wrestlers as it seems that every club I look up is for youth wrestlers which frustrates me quite a bit.

Mostly I'm interested in clubs near Westchester, but would go into the city or some surrounding areas if need be. Ulster is a bit far, but some parts of Dutchess and Rockland or Putnum countess aren't too bad.

I know Degl's Iowa Style Wrestling in Somers has a reputation, but it's too expensive for me.

My interest is in learning wrestling to apply to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and MMA, but all the clubs I know of in the area other than Degl's are Youth Clubs.

I have a wrist injury so I wouldn't be able to go live now anyway, but if anyone knows of any Adult affordable wrestling clubs in this area of NY it would be awesome.

Edit: Also when I say I am looking for an AFFORDABLE club I would prefer something that is $100 or less a month.

Degl charges $270 for his Elite Plan which is WAY too much, and still well over $100 for his other choices.

I did find a "Twin Towers Wrestling Club" in NY which is free and meets twice a week so I might want to check that out, but I would really like to find an intensive wrestling club in my area that meets most days of the week and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks

Default Re: Affordable ADULT wrestling clubs near Westchester county/Manhattan/Rockland/Putnum/Dutchess/Ulster

By the way, my appologies to the moderators if this forum is not for discussion of clubs and simply for club information to be posted.

I suppose I can simply look up each club on this forum, but I thought maybe another poster would have suggestions so I wouldn't have to go through as much leg work.

Thanks