Thread: Pierre vs Koscheck

Default Pierre vs Koscheck

This is an interesting fight although I think Pierre will dominate. Iwonder if it means Hughes will be fighting Serra for the belt?

Default Re: Pierre vs Koscheck

Hughes and Serra are going to coach TUF 6 and then fight for the title. In terms of Kos v. GSP I think this is a really interesting match up. GSP is obviously the better striker, although Kos is really progressing in his striking game. Kos in turn is the better wrestler, and that leaves a LnP win as a possibility. Both guys have solid, but not great BJJ.

Just for fun, and since I'm not really a GSP fan I'll take Kos by decision, wins the TD game, and is able to do enough in the striking department to not get KO'd, and to keep GSP honest.

If the TUF6 finale is going to be a title fight, will it still be free on Spike?
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I'd assumed it was going to be free, but I've read in some other places recently that the title fight may get stuck on a PPV.

We'll have to see I guess, I think when it finally happens Hughes wins relatively handily, of course I thought GSP would do the same against Serra and that obviously didn't get me very far.

Today Matt Hughes confirmed that it will be on Dec. 29 which is UFC 80.

http://ufcmania.com/2007/06/26/matt-...u-in-december/

Really sucks that we're going to have to wait so long especially given the state of that division. UFC 80 is in all likelihood going to be an UNREAL card, so maybe it'll be worth it.

Yeah so you have the Kos/GSP winner waiting till December to find out who they will fight. You will be lucky to see the winner face the WW champ by March.

Oh well, at least the talent pool is growing by the day all over the UFC.

Lets not forget about Penn if he can stay in good shape he will be the top contender or a top contender and it makes for an interesting weight class and hopefully we will get to see Penn v GSP or Penn v D-bag Sanchez.

I personally think BJ would be best served just to stay at 155, don't get pudgy again and just annihilate everyone at that weight. However if he does move up the match up that I've been seeing a lot of people talk about is BJ v. Karo. I'd love to see it, both because both guys are exciting, and with Karo's antics as a visitor during TUF I'd love to see BJ take him apart.