Thread: Demian Maia Confirms Fight with Nate Marquardt, Set for UFC 102

World Champ

Star Demian Maia Confirms Fight with Nate Marquardt, Set for UFC 102

Demian Maia has confirmed (on his website) the exclusive news Inside Fights reported a few days ago. He’ll be meeting fellow middleweight contender Nate Marquardt in a battle later this summer to determine the No. 1 contender for the UFC middleweight championship.

The fight will take place at UFC 102 in Portland.

MMA Mania and MMA Junkie have has also cofirmed the breaking news.

This should be a great fight, and it will be interesting to see who the winner of this fight ends up fighting. Will it be Anderson Silva or will it be the winner of Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping?

Will Silva vacate his middleweight belt if he beats Forrest Griffin? Will the Marquardt-Maia winner fight the Henderson-Bisping winner of the interim title belt or the real belt?

Stay tuned as things just keep heating up.

Default Re: Demian Maia Confirms Fight with Nate Marquardt, Set for UFC 102

....and somewhere in Denver, Colorado, residents of an apartment complex reported hearing a loud girlish scream and crying coming from the unit occupied by one Pjersey.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

haha yes screaming with excitement. A great number one contenders fight, I think Marquardt is the clear favorite though. He is a much better striker and wrestler, and while Maia has the definite edge on the ground Marquardt is a black belt himself and very good with gnp. As long as he avoids getting put on his back he should he fine.

Awesome fight, I agree, but what happened to Okami as the #1 contender? I would rather see Spider get the shot at one of these two, but Okami seemed to earn the right to that fight, and then had it taken due to injury. Sounds like what happened to Karo a few years back. Also, with Anderson feeling he was short changed in the DQ loss to Okami, I doubt he would be holding back in a rematch.

Yea Okami got skipped over. While he definitely has a strong case to be in the running for a title shot he doesnt have any signature wins that would point to him absolutely deserving one. The part that makes it bad is that the UFC said he would get one but instead they give him others against non big name fighters.

Okami is a somewhat boring fighter who doesnt speak english and is not that well known so I doubt the UFC is really looking to get him his title shot.

Okami got ripped big time and this could be marketed as a grudge match since Okami holds a victory over Silva, but in reality like Pjersblart pointed out Okamis fighting isnt really exciting and Id hate to see another Silva/Leites battle
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com