Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Hughes not a Fan of Women MMA

Default Re: Matt Hughes not a Fan of Women MMA

Bah. he needs to keep his mouth shut. Specially with all the shit that went down with MFS and things dana swept under the rug for him.

Quote Originally Posted by RyannVonDoom View Post
    Bah. he needs to keep his mouth shut. Specially with all the shit that went down with MFS and things dana swept under the rug for him.
    He needs to keep his mouth shut about not liking to see women hitting each other? Sorry, it's a common perception, and one I kind of share.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    He needs to keep his mouth shut about not liking to see women hitting each other? Sorry, it's a common perception, and one I kind of share.
    Just out of curiosity, why are you not a keen on the idea of women's MMA?

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Then don't watch it. Change the channel. Leave those who want to do it alone.

I don't mind watching women fight at all, although I was a little skeptical when it was new. They fight with chips on their shoulders and you seldom see boring women's bouts b/c they fight to win and not to 'not lose'. Jeff Osbourne put on an all women's card at HooknShoot and it was very, very entertaining. It's not like the WNBA--MMA translates well for women.
    I heart Jazzy B. White.
    Indianamat.com

Quote Originally Posted by DH View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why are you not a keen on the idea of women's MMA?
    I just get a little squeamish watching women hit each other. I was raised never to hit a woman, so it's a little weird. It's a conflicting emotion, because that women's fight on EliteXC was exciting, but also bothered me. It's hard to describe.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestater View Post
    Then don't watch it. Change the channel. Leave those who want to do it alone.
    Nobody is trying to stop you. All I (or Hughes, apparently) said was that he didn't enjoy watching it, and if he was asked to vote (which he isn't) he would vote against the UFC bringing it.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

It is two women choosing to fight, so there is no lack of respect. It's two combatants who, quite often, out-entertain the men on the card (at least the few I've seen.)

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    It is two women choosing to fight, so there is no lack of respect. It's two combatants who, quite often, out-entertain the men on the card (at least the few I've seen.)
    I agree on almost all counts, but I never said it was completley rational. Just a weird feeling for me, very conflicting.