Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has the best fight team?

Default Who has the best fight team?

I heard Rogan mention on one of the recent PPV's that ATT was the top team (no pun intended) in MMA. I have compiled some of the top teams and their fighters. Feel free to add more or correct mistakes. For my money I like Xtreme Couture, but a few of them can have arguments made for them.
    Black House is freaking awesome too, but I don't know if they will be around for much longers.

American Top Team-JZ Cavalcante, Thiago Alves, Wilson Gouviea, Denis Kang, Marcus Aurelio, Thiago Silva, Din Thomas, Yves Edwards, Jeff Monson, Gleison Tibau, Alessio Sakara

Xtreme Couture-Randy Couture, Forrest Griffin, Wanderlei Silva, Tyson Griffin, Martin Kampmann, Gray Maynard, Jay Hieron, Chris Horodecki, John Alessio, Mike Pyle, Frank Trigg, Mike Whitehead, Shawn Tompkins

Team Quest-Matt Lindland, Dan Henderson, Jason Miller, Sokoudjou, Ed Herman, Chris Wilson, Matt Horwich, Ryan Schultz

American Kickboxing Academy-Josh Koscheck, Mike Swick, Paul Buentello, Josh Thompson, Jon Fitch, Cung Le, Cain Velasquez, Christian Wellisch, Trevor Prangley

Jackson Submission Fighting-Georges St. Pierre, Rashad Evans, Keith Jardine, David Loiseau, Nate Marquardt, Karo Parisyan, Jason McDonald, Joey Villasenor, Leonard Garcia

Minnesota Martial Arts Academy-Sean Sherk, Brock Lesnar, Nick Thompson, Brock Larson

Black House-Anderson Silva, Nogueira Brothers, Paulo Filho, Lyoto Machida

Miletich Fighting Systems-Matt Hughes, Robbie Lawler, Jeremy Horn, Spencer Fisher, Tim Sylvia, Spencer Fisher, Drew McFedries

Team Punishment-Tito Ortiz, Rob McCullough, Matt Hamill, Kendall Grove, Melvin Guillard

Sityodtong-Kenny Florian, Jorge Rivera, Patrick Cote, Marcus Davis, Stephan Bonnar, Pete Spratt

Juanito Ibarra-Rampage, Cheick Kongo, Michael Bisping
    He let himself down, for what...a woman. I say, go be a world champion let the women come to you......Tito Ortiz

www.d1collegewrestling.net

Default Re: Who has the best fight team?

FWIW, Hughes and Lawler are no longer at MFS. Hughes opened his own gym and Robbie went with him.

Nice list. Imo:
    1st Black House-Anderson Silva, Nogueira Brothers, Paulo Filho, Lyoto Machida
    X-treme Couture is a close 2nd. American Top Team 3rd. Jackson Sub Fighting 4th.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

I think I agree on Black House. I'm not sure who else they have there, but those are 5 absolutely elite guys.

You dont have Ryo Chonan listed for TQ.

And ATT has been subletting their name out to McDojos all across the us after they pay for a 3 day seminar. Not cool IMO.

I've thought ATT was the best for some time now. Motivated fighters really improve at that camp. But your list really shows how spread out the talent is (but I think some of it is in error - I think Hamill went out on his own a month or more before the Bisping fight)

I think even Horn went on his own a long time ago and Karo was with Randy - is he really in New Mexico now? I thought he had his own place in Hollywood. Grove went from Tito to Randy back to Tito.

Machita was at AKA before his fight with Tito and I think Lister should be added to Coutures team (although he may still have a relationship with Tito too). And isn't Leonard Garcia behind bars? (was arrested for moving cocaine)

I think Randy is one of the best coaches. Like Greg Jackson, they often come up with great game plans.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Quote Originally Posted by RyannVonDoom View Post
    You dont have Ryo Chonan listed for TQ.

And ATT has been subletting their name out to McDojos all across the us after they pay for a 3 day seminar. Not cool IMO.
    The place my kids wrestle are getting that (Carmelo Marrero will be the one to be certified). I think they said it will hit 10 at this point and they will hold off for now, but probably not.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    I've thought ATT was the best for some time now. Motivated fighters really improve at that camp. But your list really shows how spread out the talent is (but I think some of it is in error - I think Hamill went out on his own a month or more before the Bisping fight)

I think even Horn went on his own a long time ago and Karo was with Randy - is he really in New Mexico now? I thought he had his own place in Hollywood. Grove went from Tito to Randy back to Tito.

Machita was at AKA before his fight with Tito and I think Lister should be added to Coutures team (although he may still have a relationship with Tito too). And isn't Leonard Garcia behind bars? (was arrested for moving cocaine)

I think Randy is one of the best coaches. Like Greg Jackson, they often come up with great game plans.

Dean has his own place here in san diego, throwdown. You'll be seeing a lot of fighters from there very soon.

Karo's with Team Jackson now.

Horn, he trains with hughes and MFS, but has his own thing going.

It was confusing getting that list. Some of the guys (like Karo) were mentioned as training with 2/3 different camps.

Good call, I had a brain fart about Hughes' new gym.

I thought Garcia was still w/ Jackson even through his legal stuff, but I could be wrong.
    He let himself down, for what...a woman. I say, go be a world champion let the women come to you......Tito Ortiz

www.d1collegewrestling.net