Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sergei Kharitonov-Antonio Silva added to second EliteXC CBS show

Default Re: Sergei Kharitonov-Antonio Silva added to second EliteXC CBS show

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post

Thats something I've been wondering about ever since Aleks was announced for that card, how they're going to manage to maneuver around the "issues" that will likely be there when it comes to getting him licensed.
    Paul has a great punch too, so a decent matchup. Hopefully he can fight
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

If they do manage to keep the match up I think Aleks takes care of him pretty handily. Aleks is a top 15 heavyweight in the world, Buentello's best win of his career is over Tank.

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Paul has a great punch too, so a decent matchup. Hopefully he can fight
    You think this is a decent match up? Aleks is bigger, stronger, faster, has better technique, and I think he hits harder. I see this being a slaughter.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    You think this is a decent match up? Aleks is bigger, stronger, faster, has better technique, and I think he hits harder. I see this being a slaughter.
    I Paul has a small shot; Aleks sb heavily favored. (saying the match is not a total waste, I think PB is pretty good and has a strong punch)

I guess I am thinking more about this as I type and realize its more of a long shot than I thought - we've seen him be the nail and we've seen him gas and get sloppy.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    I Paul has a small shot; Aleks sb heavily favored. (saying the match is not a total waste, I think PB is pretty good and has a strong punch)

I guess I am thinking more about this as I type and realize its more of a long shot than I thought - we've seen him be the nail and we've seen him gas and get sloppy.
    He's definitely not a tomato can or anything, sorry if I came off sounding like that. Just if you were going to pick a top HW for Buentello to have a shot at beating, I'd pick: Werdum or Gonzaga. Maybe even Nog. In three round fights, I'd give Paul a small chance against these guys, due to styles...Aleks though, or Mirko, or Tim, or Fedor would slaughter him.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

I'd actually give him a slight chance against any of those you mentioned also, because he does have a hard punch. The way Serra beat GSP, Sokaju beat little Nog, Randleman beat CC - we've seen every guy you name get hurt from a punch.

I'll give him a 5% now that I've thought of some of his low points (down from 15% when I first typed about this matchup). When he first went from KOTC to the UFC, I thought he was capable of upsetting anyone and I wished the fight with Arlovski didn't end the way it did - think he could have made that an exciting first round (AA also can get hurt standing)

Bigfoot is going to fight Justin Eilers for the title. Justin Eilers of the highlight reel KO losses to Vera, Arlovski, and Buentello.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Bigfoot is going to fight Justin Eilers for the title. Justin Eilers of the highlight reel KO losses to Vera, Arlovski, and Buentello.
    To be fair, the UFC gave him a title shot too. HOwever, at least the UFC has the excuse they just didn't have anybody to throw in there and (I believe) he was a late replacement.

He was. Buentello knocked him out at 51, but then wasn't cleared to fight Arlovski at 53 so they gave the shot to Eilers who got knocked out by Arlovski. Then Arlovski knocked Buentello out at 55.