Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heath Herring, no hesitations with Brock Lesnar

Default Re: Heath Herring, no hesitations with Brock Lesnar

Quote Originally Posted by Ground&Pound View Post
    I think Brock should have a few more "tune up" fights before facing a guy like Herring.

Let's say he beats Herring. Then who's next.

The next level up will be the elite fighters and I don't think Brock will be ready for that level after only 3 fights.
    Kongo would be a great fight for Brock, but I'd hate to see the UFc push Kongo out the door as a result of consecutive losses.

Quote Originally Posted by LethalStriker View Post
    Brock should be able to win this easily, Herring has horrible wrestling as exhibited in the O'Brien fight. And Herring isn't as good off of his back as Mir is.
    I think Heath's wrestling deficiencies were more on display during the Kongo fight. He's always fun to watch though, he should stay around.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by LethalStriker View Post
    Brock should be able to win this easily, Herring has horrible wrestling as exhibited in the O'Brien fight. And Herring isn't as good off of his back as Mir is.

In the obriein fight he had a Torn ACL/MCL[cant remember since both are so close]. That stuffed his take down ability big time.

Heath has Subbed a few guys and is known to weather the storm then beat the strong wrestlers like Erickson and Kerr. Hell he had fedor on toip of him GNPing for 9 minutes straight then reversed and started dropping knees. Had the doctors not stopped the fight, I'm sure he would have given Fedor more trouble. Heath will give brock all he can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ground&Pound View Post
    I think Brock should have a few more "tune up" fights before facing a guy like Herring.

Let's say he beats Herring. Then who's next.

The next level up will be the elite fighters and I don't think Brock will be ready for that level after only 3 fights.
    He's asking for the tough fights.. Guess he's nervous about this one.. didnt stay around for the UFC event after the signing.. almost ran out to go home for training. Rumor has it he wants to showcase his stand up for the crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but is Herring known as a sub guy? Always thought he was a stand up or g n p guy. He had ample opportunity against Kongo to work for a submission but I didn't see him close to anything resembling working for a tap out.

Brock wins, tko from the guard
    With all due respect Herr Oliverbush, do you have to be a "submission guy" to win by submission? Just my opinion of what will happen my friend.
    Last edited by gjfovf; 06-25-2008 at 07:53 AM. Reason: addition
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Quote Originally Posted by gjfovf View Post
    With all due respect Herr Oliverbush, do you have to be a "submission guy" to win by submission? Just my opinion of what will happen my friend.

No not at all. I'm just wondering if he's a submission guy or not. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    No not at all. I'm just wondering if he's a submission guy or not. Anyone know?
    I think he's more of a submitted guy than submission.

Quote Originally Posted by gjfovf View Post
    I have stated that I am not a Herring fan. But that said, it certainly can't hurt training with Randy. IMO, Lesnar will gas trying to pound on Herring and he will be submitted again.
    It is definitley a good idea to work with Randy I just dont think it will be enough.

From watching Lesnears all access he works incredibly hard on his conditioning, while Herring has been known to not take his training seriously. Lesnar is a huge man so it will be interesting to see how he is late in a fight but I think he will be prepared.

The problem with Lesnar is that no one has seen him past the first round nor have we seen him really get hit yet, for all we know he has a glass chin, He could be Johnny Morton