Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Randy's wife

Default Randy's wife

Battling through injuries on Saturday night, Kim Couture earned a whole new respect from the mixed martial arts community for her performance while losing a decision against fellow newcomer Kim Rose at ?A Night of Combat? in Las Vegas.

Couture endured a broken jaw in the fight and MMAWeekly.com has confirmed that she actually broke the jaw in two places, at her chin and close to her right ear. She will have the jaw wired shut on Monday and it will likely be in place for approximately five weeks.

Beyond the jaw being wired shut, she will also have to wait additional time before the jaw is healed enough to endure any kind of contact or sparring. According to Sean O?Heir, public relations director for Xtreme Couture, she most likely won?t be back into full sparring until October.

During her time off, Couture will be able to keep up with cardio conditioning, weight training, and other types of physical activity that will keep the jaw from being damaged in any way. -mmaweekly

Guess being tough runs in the family. Wow!
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Default Re: Randy's wife

Hate to see that. I could not imagine it being my wife out there and watching her endure those types of injuries. From watching the tape, she does not appear to be at a very high level of skill. Does anyone know if she intends on making this a career, or if it's a hobby type thing for her?

Kim Couture is one of the people I look up to. Apart from being a great businesswoman and helping build and market Xtreme Couture, she also has the balls to step in the cage, even if she isn't the best fighter out there.

Here's to well-rounded women who are intelligent as well as athletic!

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by DH View Post
    Kim Couture is one of the people I look up to. Apart from being a great businesswoman and helping build and market Xtreme Couture, she also has the balls to step in the cage, even if she isn't the best fighter out there.

Although I do agree women should be athletic as well as intelligent, I don't think women should engage in jaw breaking contests and neither should men for that matter. No sport is worth living with a broken jaw.

DH you should change your profile from New York to Chicago.
    Last edited by Big; 06-23-2008 at 09:34 PM.

I love how Big doesn't come to MMA until someone's wife is mentioned.

If someone wants to let her jaw be broken, live and let live.

I agree with what you write, hope you didn't take my comments as a slam. As a fan of Randy Couture, I wish for him that his wife didn't have to go through what she just put herself through. To each their own of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    I agree with what you write, hope you didn't take my comments as a slam. As a fan of Randy Couture, I wish for him that his wife didn't have to go through what she just put herself through. To each their own of course.
    Adolf, the Coutures got some hefty legal bills that need to be paid.

Yes that's true...and some medical bills as well...

SHe also became involved in a relationship with a married man. Not something I like in EITHER of the two parties.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...