Thread: Phil Baroni moving to Welterweight

Default Re: Phil Baroni moving to Welterweight

It won't help.

Quote Originally Posted by gjfovf View Post
    It won't help.
    Neither will your trolling.

I think MMA needs more Phil Baronis. Characters who like to brawl and almost always have very exciting fights. He'll never be a champ but I would hire him in a minute if I was running an MMA org. He's a solid gatekeeper and the entertainment aspect of fighting is overlooked these days.

I have no opinion of what the drop to 170 will do for him. It's pure speculation at this point regarding how he'll do with the cut. It might be a godsend for him. Might take away his strongest attributes, as the Old Ballcoach theorized.
    I heart Jazzy B. White.
    Indianamat.com

Quote Originally Posted by RyannVonDoom View Post
    I have never seen him troll before.

Mayor of Bringsburg homerdindon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluestater View Post
    He should move to the retirement home! Seriously, he looked like an idiot on EliteXC, and I was hoping that he would be smart and see that he should end his career. Clearly, I was overestimating him.
    Couldn't agree more.
    "Now class, I'd like for you to transition from downward dog....straight to FULL BRING!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    I have never seen him troll before.
    Thanks p-jersey. It is a simple observation. His move to welter-weight, won't help his fighting. He will just be a skinnier version of a what he is, a brawler who doesn't utilize his wrestling skill well and has a 10-7ish record.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Quote Originally Posted by RyannVonDoom View Post
    And nor will you getting up in arms over harmless remarks. Phil is 10-10 for a reason, his weight class isn't that reason.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Any time someone makes a big cut like this, I have to admire the individual for trying and paying the price in order to make it happen. Joe Diesel Riggs comes to mind. I've seen him fight heavyweight, all the way down to welter. Not sure if he's still fighting but if so, that's the guy I'd like to see fight Baroni at 170.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    And nor will you getting up in arms over harmless remarks. Phil is 10-10 for a reason, his weight class isn't that reason.
    who said I got up in arms about it? He made a witty remark so I responded with one.

Phil is a good fighter who is always exciting in winning or losing. he's better than his record shows. if you want to go by just his record, you'll have to scrutinize others also.