Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Askren wins again!!

Default Askren wins again!!

Last edited by Schlottke; 04-27-2009 at 11:30 AM.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Default Re: Askren wins again!!

I am not an mma expert, but i know enough to know that Harris was horrible!

Congrats to one of my all time favorites though!
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

vais! I am glad you joined us, hopefully we see more of you around these parts.

Definitely a gimme fight Askren, he should fight 5 or 6 more of these types of fights until he gets the necessary skills to take on tougher comp.

His opponent was not very smart either, not sure why he would clinch with an olympic wrestler who has no stand up skills. Askren might be the least phsyically imposing fighter out there, I think he could make 155 pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post

Definitely a gimme fight Askren, he should fight 5 or 6 more of these types of fights until he gets the necessary skills to take on tougher comp.

His opponent was not very smart either, not sure why he would clinch with an olympic wrestler who has no stand up skills. Askren might be the least phsyically imposing fighter out there, I think he could make 155 pretty easily.

Yeah, I actually posted on flo wondering if they even have a weight room in Missouri. I know his style wont be to beat your head in and out muscle you...but a little bit may go a long way. He is pretty notorious for his grip strength. If he coupled that with some good weight lifting it could make a difference.

That was too weak of a fight for him. I know he is early in his MMA career but that guy was bad. He is 1-2 going into the fight and is a co-main eventer. I think they could at least find someone with a 1-0 or 2-1 record to fight Ben. He will need to step it up soon if he wants to make a career out of this. You don't make the money fighting these fights.
    Props to winning agian!!!

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post

155? really? I thought I remember reading that cutting to 163 for the Olympics was a hard cut. He definitely didn't look small at that weight.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    155? really? I thought I remember reading that cutting to 163 for the Olympics was a hard cut. He definitely didn't look small at that weight.
    It was. I wonder if theres a difference in the weigh in process for mma, like do they weigh in a day before instead of an hour before like they do in wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    It was. I wonder if theres a difference in the weigh in process for mma, like do they weigh in a day before instead of an hour before like they do in wrestling
    They do weigh the day before. Which I think is cheap. Make these guys weigh the day of and fight at a more natural weight, instead of cutting and then putting on 15 lbs over night.

Good job Ben, cant wait to see him fight better comp. He could be a huge draw with his personality.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    They do weigh the day before. Which I think is cheap. Make these guys weigh the day of and fight at a more natural weight, instead of cutting and then putting on 15 lbs over night.

Good job Ben, cant wait to see him fight better comp. He could be a huge draw with his personality.

That is true, it's a bit unfair. But, I don't care what weight you put back on in a day, your blood sugar is still screwed up. If you pile the food in you will be sorry come fight time. That cut stays with you longer than you'd think.