Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gerald Harris Blog --- All Available Posts Revived

Default Re: The Gerald Harris Blog --- All Available Posts Revived

Great blog. Inspiring story on your last fight, bought tears to my eyes.
    I was rooting for you in the TUF show, thought it was too bad you lost, but was pissed and confused when you weren't on the TUF finale.

I do have a question for you:
    I love seeing slams in MMA and yours are some of the best, but they seem to be more for show, a great slam really ends a fight.
    Do you still rely on your slams as your main offense?
    What is your opinion on the effectiveness of slams?

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    How long do you plan to stay training in ohio? Who are the coaches and training partners at strong style?

When do you plan to make the trip down to new mexico at jacksons?
    I'm here for two weeks -I'm not big on the names but I know Marcus pretty much runs the show. They have great coaches for all areas of MMA - their cardio training is some of the best.

I'm talking to my manager now about the NM trip. I'll be sure to post that on here along with photos.
    geraldhurricaneharris.com

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    Great blog. Inspiring story on your last fight, bought tears to my eyes.
    I was rooting for you in the TUF show, thought it was too bad you lost, but was pissed and confused when you weren't on the TUF finale.

I do have a question for you:
    I love seeing slams in MMA and yours are some of the best, but they seem to be more for show, a great slam really ends a fight.
    Do you still rely on your slams as your main offense?
    What is your opinion on the effectiveness of slams?

I've knocked the wind out of numerous opponents and broke one guys ribs to end the fight. It can be an energy drainer, or a motivational tool. Being slammed can mentally defeat an opponent and physically hurt them if landed right. Otherwise it's a waste of time. I try to slam them through the mat.

When I first started fighting - that's all I had -so it became my strategy to wear people down and break them with huge slams.

Now I'm a lot better, so along slamming people - I can use other martial arts to defeat them, but they will always respect my slams.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneHarris View Post
    I've knocked the wind out of numerous opponents and broke one guys ribs to end the fight. It can be an energy drainer, or a motivational tool. Being slammed can mentally defeat an opponent and physically hurt them if landed right. Otherwise it's a waste of time. I try to slam them through the mat.

When I first started fighting - that's all I had -so it became my strategy to wear people down and break them with huge slams.

Now I'm a lot better, so along slamming people - I can use other martial arts to defeat them, but they will always respect my slams.
    Good stuff. I can imagine the fear someone would involuntarily have when they get the wind completely knocked out of them and unable to fight back from a well controlled slam.

Gerald, please give us updates as to any upcoming negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by leglace View Post
    Gerald, please give us updates as to any upcoming negotiations.
    I can't speak on negotiations, because I am under new management - but I'm currently training for the Grapplers Quest Championships in Vegas July 12th. The same weekend as UFC 100 and my sponsors are covering the entire trip!! I can't make it to the fights, but it will be good to just be in town when the historical event goes down.

If I can scrap up a ticket I will definitely go.

I spoke to Gerald briefly at the UFC expo and he said hes been pretty busy but he'll be back in the near future.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

I liked to hear more details on how his day went. Me and pimach saw him locked in a close battle that went into overtime. Dude was just but scooting and avoiding the takedowns which is annoying.

I believe gerald was also in the absolute so hopefully that went well.

I forgot to ask him about that bout. I wonder if he even made absolute because I think I heard them calling him while he was trying to secure a takedown.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com