Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strikeforce April 11th

Default Strikeforce April 11th

Strikeforce: “Shamrock vs. Diaz” Weigh-In Results (Main Card):
    -Frank Shamrock (180) vs. Nick Diaz (180)
    -Gilbert Melendez (154) vs. Rodrigo Damm (154.5)
    -Scott Smith (184) vs. Benji Radach (184)
    -Cristiane Santos (152) vs. Hitomi Akano (143.5)*
    -Brett Rogers (262.5) vs. Ron Humphrey (239.5)

Looks like a pretty entertaining card tonight. Cyborg missed weight by 7 pounds!! Yikes. I think the Smith/Radach fight will be filled with bombs. Also, I wonder how the extra weight is going to affect Diaz.

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Default Re: Strikeforce April 11th

Quote Originally Posted by gjfovf View Post
    Strikeforce: ?Shamrock vs. Diaz? Weigh-In Results (Main Card):
    -Frank Shamrock (180) vs. Nick Diaz (180)
    -Gilbert Melendez (154) vs. Rodrigo Damm (154.5)
    -Scott Smith (184) vs. Benji Radach (184)
    -Cristiane Santos (152) vs. Hitomi Akano (143.5)*
    -Brett Rogers (262.5) vs. Ron Humphrey (239.5)

Looks like a pretty entertaining card tonight. Cyborg missed weight by 7 pounds!! Yikes. I think the Smith/Radach fight will be filled with bombs. Also, I wonder how the extra weight is going to affect Diaz.
    This event deserves some love. I was a big fan of EliteXC, and have begged for them to merge with Strikeforce. Now that they have, they are a legitimate second tier org knocking on UFC's door. They have a very good card tonight. The Lawler vs Shields fight is a very good one as well as Diaz vs Shamrock and or course Smith vs Radach. Cyborg is a machine, no pun intended. I ordered showtime back on my lineup just for this event.

The two biggest names in womens mma cant even come clos to making weight. If they want to be taken serioulsy they need to get their act together.

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    The two biggest names in womens mma cant even come clos to making weight. If they want to be taken serioulsy they need to get their act together.
    I don't care what weight they fight at, as long as Cyborg smashes her...
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

I feel bad for that little women cyborg will have a good 20 lbs on her by fight time.

I am looking forward to the cyborg vs. carano fight.

Psyched to see Benji Radach as well, he has been training w/ Bas Rutten. Bas is one of my all time favorite fighters.

Bas is easily my favorite figure in MMA. If I had a choice to hang out with somebody, it would be Bas.

I think the we are going to miss a great rematch of Thomson vs Melendez. Those 2 guys have skills.

Regardless I expect big thins from Strikeforce. They have Babalu and Feijao under contract. I would love to see a title fight between them. I am also psyched about the return of Cung Le who is still under contract.

leglace, babalu is fighting feijao at the next strikeforce event. On that same card Shields is fighting lawler and overeem is fighting in a title fight.

Smith v Radach did not disappoint, two tough guys slugging it out. People may think it was a quick stoppage, but Radach was out!!! Also, love him or hate him Diaz smoked Shamrock.