Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 37 to 45 of 47

Thread: - penn vs florian set for ufc 101 in philadelphia

  1. #37
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: - penn vs florian set for ufc 101 in philadelphia

    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan View Post
    Thanks guys. It was a long time coming, and I'm starting to adjust to the whole thing and move on.

    Would be cool if some of us could connect and catch these fights together in the Philthy North.
    I'm 75% interested but I'd be 100% if anyone else here went. I could see Mark and Dennis going.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  2. #38

    Default Re: - penn vs florian set for ufc 101 in philadelphia

    who the heck are mark and dennis? is dennis Dpara?
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

    www.euromitsu.com

  3. #39
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: - penn vs florian set for ufc 101 in philadelphia

    Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    who the heck are mark and dennis? is dennis Dpara?
    Yes, and Mark is givfov (without checking his exact login name)
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  4. #40

    Default Re: - penn vs florian set for ufc 101 in philadelphia

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Is this another test? He was in the finals as a junior. He was born in Summit and CAP told me you are from Summit.

    Regarding the UFC, Zinoviev to me was what Jason Thacker was to you.
    This is not a test I just couldnt remember Edgar making the finals. Did he lose to Cordoba his junior year?

    I know his senior year he lost to Mike Booth from Camden Catholic in the semi finals i believe.

  5. #41
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: - penn vs florian set for ufc 101 in philadelphia

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    This is not a test I just couldnt remember Edgar making the finals. Did he lose to Cordoba his junior year?

    I know his senior year he lost to Mike Booth from Camden Catholic in the semi finals i believe.
    Yes and Mike Booth sounds right too (beat Cordoba in the finals - right). i didn't pay that much attention to the NJ state finals then and I pay much more attention to the NJ kids finals now than HS finals now (since my kids have wrestled so many of those guys in S Jersey and shore tournaments).

    Think I will take my guys to Cuvo on Sundays starting Sunday. The place we went to on M&W just closed on us.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  6. #42

    Default Re: - penn vs florian set for ufc 101 in philadelphia

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Yes and Mike Booth sounds right too (beat Cordoba in the finals - right). i didn't pay that much attention to the NJ state finals then and I pay much more attention to the NJ kids finals now than HS finals now (since my kids have wrestled so many of those guys in S Jersey and shore tournaments).

    Think I will take my guys to Cuvo on Sundays starting Sunday. The place we went to on M&W just closed on us.
    I think that was the year that I did not attend states so that is probably why i did not remember. I went the following year which I believe was 2000 and that is when Booth beat Edgar and Cordoba.

  7. #43
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: - penn vs florian set for ufc 101 in philadelphia

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    I think that was the year that I did not attend states so that is probably why i did not remember. I went the following year which I believe was 2000 and that is when Booth beat Edgar and Cordoba.
    Understand - did you know who Edgar was from being a HS wrestler?

    The first year I really followed it was 1988 and in those years, I didn't know where any of the South Jersey teams were from - finalists from Overbrook, Rancocas, your friend Pitman (89), Glassboro, Paulsboro, Cumberland Valley (assume that's SJ), Pope Paul the VI of Haddonfield, Moorestown
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  8. #44

    Default Re: - penn vs florian set for ufc 101 in philadelphia

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Understand - did you know who Edgar was from being a HS wrestler?

    The first year I really followed it was 1988 and in those years, I didn't know where any of the South Jersey teams were from - finalists from Overbrook, Rancocas, your friend Pitman (89), Glassboro, Paulsboro, Cumberland Valley (assume that's SJ), Pope Paul the VI of Haddonfield, Moorestown
    Yes I knew Edgar. My older brother and dad were always into wrestling as well so I went to the Region 8 tournament from the time I was 5 years old or so. Around the mid 90's is when i started attending the state tournament. I saw the pritzlaffs (donnie and glenn), hahn as freshman, damion logan, dave esposito, and quite a few others. Of course I was then going when my brother wrestled and he graduated in 98, then i made it states in 2001 through 2003.

    I was able to keep up somewhat with what was going on the first few years following my graduation but the last four years i have fallen completely off the map. I know who some of the best wrestlers are but i dont ever get to see any of them wrestle.

  9. #45
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: - penn vs florian set for ufc 101 in philadelphia

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Yes I knew Edgar. My older brother and dad were always into wrestling as well so I went to the Region 8 tournament from the time I was 5 years old or so. Around the mid 90's is when i started attending the state tournament. I saw the pritzlaffs (donnie and glenn), hahn as freshman, damion logan, dave esposito, and quite a few others. Of course I was then going when my brother wrestled and he graduated in 98, then i made it states in 2001 through 2003.

    I was able to keep up somewhat with what was going on the first few years following my graduation but the last four years i have fallen completely off the map. I know who some of the best wrestlers are but i dont ever get to see any of them wrestle.
    Cool - I knew of the Pritzlaffs. Glenn's last NJ loss was to a teammate of mine and I knew the judo angle. Everyone knew of Hahn. KC's brother wrestled behind Esposito for 1 year at Lehigh.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •