Thread: UFC 101: Couture-Nogueira

Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Default Re: UFC 101: Couture-Nogueira

Thank you zapp, I added that earlier to the ufc event section but i was a little to lazy to start a new thread.

Interesting match up, if Nog shows up looking like he did against Mir than it will be an easy win for Couture.

this fight was one I would like to have seen about a year and a half ago. doesnt mean I wont watch it, but given how each man looked in his last fight, I probably wont throw any $ down.

does anyone know if it was true that Nogueria had a bad staph infection prior to the Mir fight? I read that somewhere but not sure if it was true.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Thats the reports out of his camp, has there ever been a brazilian fighter lose who did not have some crazy excuse though?

thats true, but I expect that kind of stuff from the likes of Arona, not Nogueria.

www.euromitsu.com

I agree Pimach, this is a fight I wanted to see some time ago. I wanted Randy to showcase his abilities and pound Nog out for the world to see, (instead Mir did the honors). Now that Randy's age seems to have caught up with him, (and Nog appears a shell of what he once was) I am not as intrigued by the match up. It's better than Chuck/Randy IV though, I will concede that.
    Lets go Brent!

Great matchup in terms of all-time greats, but Nog has looked terrible in the UFC and Randy should be the favorite. But if he ends up on bottom (like Sylvia did), I think Nog is still as dangerous there as he ever was.

Pimach - BTT always has excuses - and not just Arona. Nogeira is better than he used to be, but he used to make excuses, of course Murilo Bustamante can make excuses all day long (finally piped down because people were so tired of hearing him).
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Great matchup in terms of all-time greats, but Nog has looked terrible in the UFC and Randy should be the favorite. But if he ends up on bottom (like Sylvia did), I think Nog is still as dangerous there as he ever was.

Pimach - BTT always has excuses - and not just Arona. Nogeira is better than he used to be, but he used to make excuses, of course Murilo Bustamante can make excuses all day long (finally piped down because people were so tired of hearing him).
    I never really read the interviews and rumors stuff before I started posting, but once I did, the only thing I ever heard from BTT were from Arona, mainly the Soko fight, but if Nog was making excuses in the past then forgive my ignorance to that.

www.euromitsu.com