Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming fight card rumors- UPDATED

Default re: Upcoming fight card rumors- UPDATED

PJ - people are saying UFC 105 in England could be Hardy vs Hughes and Bisping vs Wanderlei. I'd welcome both of those fights, but I think Bisping would beg Dana for an easier fight than that.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

I just read a thread on sherdog started by a whitebelt talking about bisping vs. silva. I could see that fight happening.

I have a harder time seeing hughes take on hardy but i guess they really want to push hardy.

Silva is a bad matchup for Bisping. He'd be afraid to slug it out with him since he could drop him too. He needs a new way of circling since Henderson figured it out and cornered him. I hope that happens but I think Bisping doesn't want someone with hard strikes and I think Dana would like to give him an easy fight. Maybe a rematch with Schaefer, Sinosic or McCarthy instead.

Hardy could take out Hughes but I doubt he could stop Hughes's takedowns and that would be a reality check on where he stands since other guys (Koscheck, GSP) could do the same thing to him. Maybe the refs would stand them up often to keep the Brits happy.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Well apparently silva had to cut 12 lbs the day of weigh ins to make 195 so i think it will be very hard for him to make 185. Bisping could win based on the fact that silva has nothing left.

Hardy would get taken down pretty easily by hughes and once gets gets top control on him it would be over. Hardy got outgrappled by davis so he has a long way to go. Rogan has trained with hardy and didnt exactly give him a ringing endorsement.

Of course hardy has the ability to hurt hughes on the feet if it stays standing for more than a few seconds.

Interesting Rogan comment. But sometimes Hughes gets stuck on top and that could result in standups and eventually Hardy times a knee. I hate Hardy, so I'd like to see Hughes win that one.

Weird since Silva looks like a 185 pounder. Of course he's gassed in his fights that have gone the distance. But he still hits hard.

Yea i thought bisping would be better at avoiding the big shots but he looked so nervous and herky jerky and then circled into hendersons right hand. If he looks like that against silva he would go to sleep again.

He looked nervous even the day before and I think Wanderlei would make him nervous all over again, especially since he is coming off a loss and according to Dan, he doesn't hit hard at all when he is backing up. He needs BJJ guys to get guaranteed wins.

PJers, please delete Affliction from the list of cards.

Thank you Josh Barnett
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Lots of last minute changes possible now at Strikeforce. Thomson had knee surgery only a a bit more than a couple mos ago. He may not be ready. Gomi has been rumored to fight Melendez as a possible replacement.

Fedor has been given a huge offer from Strikeforce that would include M-1 cross promotion. I can't see Fedor turning it down. He could be held to fight Oveream on the October card.

Werdum could be fighting Rothwell in a non title fight, since they got the Moussasi vs Babalu fighting for a belt already.

Hieron vs Diaz is rumored to be under negotiation, as a title fight.

That makes 3 title fights, and a solid card, even with Thomson, Riggs, & Oveream backing out.