Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: - is silva or maia next for marquardt?

Default - is silva or maia next for marquardt?

Still think that the Spider wrecks either one of these guys.. I would love to see them fight each other with the winner to face Silva. Both are stud grapplers, and both were very impressive at UFC 95. IMO, in a head to head match, Marquardt wins. Thoughts?
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Default Re: - is silva or maia next for marquardt?

I think the most logical matchup at this point is Maia vs. Marquardt.

They have promised Okami that he would get a title shot so he could be next after Leites. Also if Bisping beats Henderson he would get a title shot before Marquardt or Maia.

I think Maia has the game to beat Silva. He has just enough wrestling to get the fight to the ground, and Silva has not been on the ground with anyone as dangerous as Maia. If he gets mounted like he did against Lutter it will be over for him.

Okami should have had the shot before Leites, and maybe he will in a few months after giving the spiders hands and knees a chance to heal up.

Maia and Marquadt will be a good fight and that should be for the #1 contender spot methinks
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    Okami should have had the shot before Leites, and maybe he will in a few months after giving the spiders hands and knees a chance to heal up.

Maia and Marquadt will be a good fight and that should be for the #1 contender spot methinks
    Okami was supposed to have the title shot that Cote got but then he broke his hand. Unfortunately he has a relatively boring style and cant speak any english so the UFC is not in any rush to push him. He is a beast though and I could see him giving Silva problems.

Lets just hope that Bisping does not somehow pull off a win over Henderson. Dana said that if Bisping wins he would probably get a title shot. Silva would murder Bisping so I have no desire to see that.

Marquardt is the man, I love watching him fight nowadays.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Okami was supposed to have the title shot that Cote got but then he broke his hand. Unfortunately he has a relatively boring style and cant speak any english so the UFC is not in any rush to push him. He is a beast though and I could see him giving Silva problems.

Lets just hope that Bisping does not somehow pull off a win over Henderson. Dana said that if Bisping wins he would probably get a title shot. Silva would murder Bisping so I have no desire to see that.
    Bisping would do everything in his power to delay that fight; Anderson will be in an old age home by the time Bisping says he is ready.

And it if happenes, Bisping would train with Starnes first to learn how to run backwards in circles.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Bisping would do everything in his power to delay that fight; Anderson will be in an old age home by the time Bisping says he is ready.

And it if happens, Bisping would train with Starnes first to learn how to run backwards in circles.
    I concur 100%. I would love to see the Spider knock that smug look off of his face.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Quote Originally Posted by gjfovf View Post
    I concur 100%. I would love to see the Spider knock that smug look off of his face.
    You're upsetting our mod.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    You're upsetting our mod.
    this is true. you best be nice or the ban hammer will come down on you as soon as its available.

besides, Hendo will knock that smug look off way before Silva gets a chance
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com