Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana White Still Wants Fedor

Default Dana White Still Wants Fedor

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=8148&zoneid=2
    UFC president Dana White still wants Fedor Emelianenko to fight in the Octagon. The thing is, he doesn't believe that Fedor, or at least his handlers, really have a strong interest in the Russian crusher coming to the UFC. Then again, he's not really sure what Fedor and his management wants.
    "I want Fedor too, contrary to popular belief," he reiterated recently. In White's mind, it's just a matter of not being able to negotiate with Fedor's camp.
    "I have no idea what they want. Everything makes no sense to me. I think they thought, 'You know, we'll partner up with these guys and we'll own a piece of this thing.' It's all mixed signals. You never know what these guys want," he stated, amused frustration in his tone.
    "When I first met with these guys, (Fedor's) manager is like, 'Here's what we want to do. My brother is the biggest rock concert promoter over there. So here's what we want. We want you to build an arena in Russia,'" recounted White. "And I'm like, '(Expletive) timeout.' I want to sign a guy. I'm not looking to build arenas or get into business with you or anything like that. We'll pay him what he wants to be paid. We'll promote and do this and that. But it's not about Fedor when you talk to these guys."
    Having built the UFC on the back of strong personal relationships in the fight game when there wasn't all that much money, if any, to throw around, the UFC President hasn't even met the No. 1 heavyweight in the world. "I've never met Fedor! I've never said one (expletive) word to the guy. I've never even seen him face to face."
    The Fedor situation has strung out ever since Zuffa (the UFC's parent company) acquired Pride in spring of 2007. When the promotion was finally shuttered due to difficulties in trying to operate in Japan and several fighter contracts were either deemed non-transferrable or nonexistent, the UFC began signing fighters to new contracts. Fedor has been one of the only fighters to elude the MMA juggernaught.
    At this point, it doesn't appear the UFC will ever be able to snare his services. White can only throw up his hands in frustration and move on.
    "I don't know what they want... Fedor's one of these guys that, listen, everybody thinks that I won't give Fedor his props and everything. B.J. Penn and Georges St. Pierre and Anderson Silva and every other guy in this company fight the best of the best three times a year. Fedor's not doing that. If he wants to fight guys three times a year, prove he's the best, if he wants to do that, I'm willing to do it with him," says White.
    "I don't think he cares about a legacy or any of that kind of stuff," he continued. "I don't know. I'd like to see him fight in the UFC."

***Dana White's Statements are Pure Garbage, first off there's a video in youtube wherein Vadim and Millen CLEARLY proposing a 1 fight deal to Dana for Fedor to go to the UFC and fight its "CHAMPIONS" whomever that is contrary to Dana BS Statement wherein Vadim and M-1 wants to build a Stadium or something,seems like Dana is making this statements to look like M-1 is bad guy with this Fedor deal, and in Millen's Vlog wherein He and Vadim are Calling Dana in his Cellphone to go in Affliction 2 and meet with Fedor FACE to FACE to discuss the deal and now he's saying that for some reason he cant get a hold of Fedor? Total BS!....and what with this "fighting the BEST" thing, Why would he say this to Fedor when infact the best HW's are outside the UFC, Dana White is a MEATHEAD and Fedor is not a Puppet Fool**

Default Re: Dana White Still Wants Fedor

You have to love Dana White for telling it like it is. One thing you can count on him , (other than delivering the very best MMA on the planet) is that he wont pull punches and he'll shoot straight with you. Fedor's camp has indeed been impossible to deal with, wanting everything on their terms, including, signing other guys as part of the Fedor deal, exit clauses, rights, etc and just not willing to budge. If I recall correctly, they even wanted a 1 fight deal where Fedor then gets to run off and make no commitment to the UFC what so ever. Dana White is no fool and Fedor's management isn't going to be able to pull a fast one on him, the UFC or the MMA fans. Excelent article, thank you for sharing.
    Lets go Brent!

Just demand a sit down with Fedor and talk to him directly, if not let it go and move on. these guys are like little old ladies.

And for the record, Fedor, by the summer time, will have fought 3 of the best in a years time.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    Just demand a sit down with Fedor and talk to him directly, if not let it go and move on. these guys are like little old ladies.

And for the record, Fedor, by the summer time, will have fought 3 of the best in a years time.

Agree completely. Fedor needs to get new management, Finkelstein is using Fedor to push his own agenda and build his own organization. He does not have Fedors best interest at heart.

Of course Dana is an egomaniac so these two negotiating is not going to go anywhere. I think if Lorenzo sat down with Fedor a deal would be done in a couple of hours.

Once Fedor mops up Barnett no one can knock his competition or activity level. Hopefully at that point he can come over to the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post

Pimach, I agree with your statement, other than Sylvia being one of the best. He has lost 3 in a row, (Randy, Nog, Fedor) and he was only competitive in one of those fights. He has fallen down a level. His (Tim Sylvia) next opponent is rumopred to be Ray Mercer..

Presently, Fedor has fought one of the best, (AA) in the last 3 years.
    Lets go Brent!

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    Pimach, I agree with your statement, other than Sylvia being one of the best. He has lost 3 in a row, (Randy, Nog, Fedor) and he was only competitive in one of those fights. He has fallen down a level. His (Tim Sylvia) next opponent is rumopred to be Ray Mercer..

Presently, Fedor has fought one of the best, (AA) in the last 3 years.
    Fair enough but those three fighters were ranked 1-3 with Fedor being the best p4p fighter in the world.

I still think Sylvia is a top ten heavyweight he just a few higher ranked fighters.

Tim has lost his edge. He needs to get back in the gym and find the hunger he once had. He seems to have lost his heart. I don't have a problem with him having lost to Fedor, (Fedor's one of the top 3 heavyweights in the world) but losing to Nog and old man Randy tells us he's not the same Mainiac that ruled over the heavyweight division, years ago. Right now he would have a tough time beating anyone in the top 10.
    Lets go Brent!

I hear you guys about Big Tim the pee pee taster, but like Pjers said he is still a top ten fighter, losing to three top dudes and hes still a threat to many a hwt.

And the best Hwts are not in the UFC, I think we all know that
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Dana has done a lot of sh!t talking about Fedor - "he sucks," "he is not even close to PFP #1." Now he is trying a new angle, saying if he wants to fight the best fighters, he needs to be in the UFC. The UFC has little in the way of challenging heavyweights for Fedor.

Fedor said he didn't like the onesidedness of the contracts - and I don't blame him. He says a champion can't leave (contract renews automatically) and the UFC can drop their obligations if you lose a single fight. Instead of saying Fedor is unreasonable, I think the UFC is unreasonable.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White