Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BJ Penn accepts the cheater's challenge

Default BJ Penn accepts the cheater's challenge

For the past several days I have been reading statements made by St. Pierre and Greg Jackson about our fight on January 31. St. Pierre claims that he is ?not a cheater? and that he and Greg Jackson will have ?no problem with a rematch in the summer of 2009.? To the untrained eye the grease might not look like much, but every grappler knows the effect that it has. Being able to apply your submissions and sweeps or just being able to hold on to your opponent to defend yourself from being hit is absolutely critical! There is a reason why you are not allowed to put grease anywhere on your body except for the area around your eyes. Because of the grease applied to St.Pierre?s Body the Nevada State Athletic Commission?s executive director, Keith Kizer has stated that the Penn-St. Pierre fight ?definitely wasn?t fair?. I hereby accept George St. Pierre and Greg Jackson?s challenge for a fight in the summer 2009. Lets call Dana now and set it up.

- BJ Penn

http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs...s-gsp-and-greg

While I have no interest in seeing Penn take on GSP for a 3rd time, apparently him and GSP want to get it on again. I'm more interesting in the outcome of the NSAC's investigation of the cheating done by GSP.
    Lets go Brent!

Default Re: BJ Penn accepts the cheater's challenge

Wah he was greased up Wah

I seriously hope GSP knocks the spam outta BJ when they fight again. F' the summer, do it as soon as possible.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

We'll probably have to wait until after BJ is off medical suspension from the brutal beating he received from GSP. But I have no interest in seeing this fight, it'll be worse then the last one.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

What's the count at now on fighters who have complained about GSP greasing up, 3 or 4? Fitch, Serra, Penn, thought there was another one. Again. I have no interest in seeing a rematch, there are other compelling match ups that need to happen that are being put off.

And keep in mind GSP is the one challenging Penn. What's he afraid of Alves or something?
    Lets go Brent!

I don't believe Fitch has complained about greasing. I believe the guys are: Hughes, Penn, Sherk, Serra, and Mayhem Miller.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

I had no interest in seeing this fight either until BJ and his team started whining about it. I would think that George would do it simply to shut people up and not that he is scared of Alves.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    I don't believe Fitch has complained about greasing. I believe the guys are: Hughes, Penn, Sherk, Serra, and Mayhem Miller.

Ill see if I can find something on it but damn, 5 guys complaining about the same thing and the commission has now caught him doing it? We can't have a champion that does not respect the rules. It's just not good for the sport. And now GSP wants to fight 155 pounders exclusively, what about Alves and the contenders at 170? He must be lacking in confidence if he wont fight fair and wants to fight the same undersized opponent again. He needs a sports psychologist.
    Lets go Brent!

Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    I had no interest in seeing this fight either until BJ and his team started whining about it. I would think that George would do it simply to shut people up and not that he is scared of Alves.
    All he has to do in order to shut people up is stop cheating. I don't think anyone is questioning if he can beat Penn, rather questioning why he has the need to cheat.
    Lets go Brent!

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    What's the count at now on fighters who have complained about GSP greasing up, 3 or 4? Fitch, Serra, Penn, thought there was another one. Again. I have no interest in seeing a rematch, there are other compelling match ups that need to happen that are being put off.

And keep in mind GSP is the one challenging Penn. What's he afraid of Alves or something?
    I think everyone that has been dismantled by GSP is not making the claim just to save face.

GSP will maul Alves so I dont think he is too worried about him.