Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strikeforce buys Proelite assets

Default Strikeforce buys Proelite assets

http://mmafrenzy.com/9310/strikeforc...oelite-assets/

Excellent news. Strikeforce is the most steady organization outside of the UFC. They have slowly built up their customer loyalty through out California and and the west coast as well as increasing their talent level. They have also been creative with their promotion by putting on several shows at the playboy mansion.

The key part will now be too see what fighters they are able to acquire through the deal. Robbie Lawlor would be a great pick up as he could have some big fights with Shamrock and Cung Le.

Default Re: Strikeforce buys Proelite assets

The return of Kimbo Slice!

All of the greats have been stopped, from Fedor, to CroCop, to Randy, to Minotauro. It happens. Kimbo will lead strikeforce on to bigger and better things. I can't wait, especially now that Affliction is dead. Perhaps they can pick up Fedor, AA, Barnett, etc. It would be a loaded heavywiht division.
    Lets go Brent!

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    The return of Kimbo Slice!

All of the greats have been stopped, from Fedor, to CroCop, to Randy, to Minotauro. It happens. Kimbo will lead strikeforce on to bigger and better things. I can't wait, especially now that Affliction is dead. Perhaps they can pick up Fedor, AA, Barnett, etc. It would be a loaded heavywiht division.
    Couple things you can count on is that if Strikeforce picked up Afflictions fighters they would easily sell out an arena in California and they would not be paying Arlovski 1.5 million and Matt Lindland 300 k to get knocked out unconscious.

Some more breaking news:

Strikeforce still was able to keep the deal in place with CBS. They should be putting on 4 shows with the station this year. They expect to put the rest of their shows on showtime.

They were able to secure fighter contracts for: Kimbo, Jake Shields, Nick Diaz, Eddie Alvarez, Gina Carano, and Robbie Lawlor.

Their first show of the year is April 11th headlined by Frank Shamrock. Scott smith vs. Benji Radach is the first confirmed bout.

Strikeforce rosters already includes: Shamrock, Cung Le, Babalu, Josh Thomson, Gilbert Melendez, Alistair Oveereem, and Kazuo Misaki.

They plan to eventually put on ppvs but not yet.

Scott Coker has been a great promoter slowly building up strikerforce in California and now they are on the verge of being legit competition for the UFC.

Excellent news. I am a fan of the infant organization. They can certainly act as a feeder program into the big leagues, (The UFC) and likely even turn a decent little profit in the process. Good for them. Maybe Atencio and Affliction will pay close attention and consider what may have been.
    Lets go Brent!

This is some great news!!! good thing they were able to keep the cbs deal, because I couldnt stay up until 200am to watch the strikeforce show on NBC.

I thought Dana was going to sign Gina and have her fight Cyborg in the WEC?
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Like me, Dana has no interest in watching females fight. Unless it's in the bedroom, 2 females have no place for entertaining men.
    Lets go Brent!

Great news! These guys know how to run an MMA organization. If they do it right, in a few years we may have a major competitor to the uFC on our hands. Very solid start. They're going to need to give Overeem a lot of notice, though, so he can...clean himself out.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Great news! These guys know how to run an MMA organization. If they do it right, in a few years we may have a major competitor to the uFC on our hands. Very solid start. They're going to need to give Overeem a lot of notice, though, so he can...clean himself out.

Zapp, I generally respect your views and opinions, however, lets not get ahead of ourselves here. No one, and I mean no one, is going to be a major competitor to Mr. Dana White and the UFC. It just isn't going to happen. As much as I am for competition and different options, this isn't going to happen. The best they can hope for is turning a decent little profit and being a feeder program into the major leagues.

The UFC is the NFL to everyone else's XFL. The NBA to the CBA. NASCAR to local street races. It just isn't going to happen in our life times. Lets get rid of the notion that anyone will compete with the UFC.
    Lets go Brent!