Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 40

Thread: Machida #1 contender?

  1. #19
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Machida #1 contender?

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Well I did tell you that he was not as boring as everyone has made him out to be. I said how the Ortiz fight was little different due to him being nervous and not wanting to get taken down.

    He has now finished Franklin, Silva, Bonnar, and Sokoudjou not a bad list. He has also pounded on several others despite not finishing.

    He doesnt have the flashiest style in the world but its not like he never comes forward to strike. He just picks his spots where he will jump in with punches or knees and then jumps back out. Hes never going to be a brawler but I expect him to finish opponents more frequently in the future.
    I think he doesn't bring the fight and for a lot of fighters, bringing it to him will come accross as stupid. In that way he is a bit annoying. Kind of like a Hopkins, wants you to chance him down so he can counter as he moves backwards.

    He's not alone either, Rashad has given us plenty of boring fights. People tend to forget that when the end in a bang (fight with chuck was boring until he landed that punch)
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  2. #20

    Default Re: Machida #1 contender?

    Machida has been very boring, (by mma standards) but he is very good. I like a few of the techniques he uses and I believe that he should be ranked top 5 LHW right now. I'd like to see him finally take on one of the top names, (Liddell, Griffin, Shogun, etc.) and see exactly what he can do with those guys. Rampage is looking very good. His destrruction of Wanderlei was amgnificent. No version of Silva could have beaten that Rampage. Not even close.
    Lets go Brent!

  3. #21

    Default Re: Machida #1 contender?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    Machida has been very boring, (by mma standards) but he is very good. I like a few of the techniques he uses and I believe that he should be ranked top 5 LHW right now. I'd like to see him finally take on one of the top names, (Liddell, Griffin, Shogun, etc.) and see exactly what he can do with those guys. Rampage is looking very good. His destrruction of Wanderlei was amgnificent. No version of Silva could have beaten that Rampage. Not even close.
    I am surprised you consider Machida boring and are not a fan. I know you are an avid supporter of Jake Varner and many have considered him the most boring wrestler of the last 50 years. You appreciate Varners great defense and his opponents inability to score on him so I would have thought you would have similar thoughts on Machida. No one has been able to hit him let alone hurt him, and his defensive tactics have been criticized similarly to Varner.

  4. #22

    Default Re: Machida #1 contender?

    I don't find Machida boring, I think he is very exciting. By MMA standards, however, he is very boring. Learn to read PJ or take a reading comprehension class. If you don't believe me, simply read a few blogs on Machida and you will see for yourself that he's considered one of the most boring fighters out there. I don't agree with it, but you can't deny that by MMA standards, that's what he is considered. Personally I like him and have him in my top 5 UFC LH ranking.

    Now about Varner, he's a magnificent wrestler. He is on pace to have one the the greatest college careers ever. He has dismantled Jake Herbert, ( a great folkstyler in his own right) a good 4 or 5 times in a row now, (he did lose to Herbert as a freshman) and he's ranked in the senior freestyle circuit, (other than Metcalf, is there anyone else in the NCAA that can say that?). Good call on Varner, just a tremendous athlete and competitor.
    Last edited by Adolf Oliverbush; 02-03-2009 at 05:10 PM.
    Lets go Brent!

  5. #23

    Default Re: Machida #1 contender?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    I don't find Machida boring, I think he is very exciting. By MMA standards, however, he is very boring. Learn to read PJ or take a reading comprehension class. If you don't believe me, simply read a few blogs on Machida and you will see for yourself that he's considered one of the most boring fighters out there. I don't agree with it, but you can't deny that by MMA standards, that's what he is considered. Personally I like him and have him in my top 5 UFC LH ranking.

    Now about Varner, he's a magnificent wrestler. He is on pace to have one the the greatest college careers ever. He has dismantled Jake Herbert, ( a great folkstyler in his own right) a good 4 or 5 times in a row now, (he did lose to Herbert as a freshman) and he's ranked in the senior freestyle circuit, (other than Metcalf, is there anyone else in the NCAA that can say that?). Good call on Varner, just a tremendous athlete and competitor.
    Why would I read a few blogs as I already have stated that just like Varner Machida is considered to be boring? Perhaps you need the reading comprehension.

    I dont think Machida is boring so I would start out sentence saying "Machida is boring." I would say people think he is boring but I disagree with that opinion.

    Despite Varners horribly boring style I agreer he is a great wrestler. I hope for his sake he can get over the hump and win one this year. I know he has struggled winning the championship matches so I will be pulling for him this year.

  6. #24
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,962

    Default Re: Machida #1 contender?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    ....he's ranked in the senior freestyle circuit, (other than Metcalf, is there anyone else in the NCAA that can say that?). ..
    I counted 19 NCAA wrestlers and one HS all ranked in the top ten in their weight classes.

  7. #25

    Default Re: Machida #1 contender?

    Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    I counted 19 NCAA wrestlers and one HS all ranked in the top ten in their weight classes.
    Thats sure to hurt Adolfs case. Cant wait to see his response.

  8. #26

    Default Re: Machida #1 contender?

    Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    I counted 19 NCAA wrestlers and one HS all ranked in the top ten in their weight classes.
    Where can I see this list of freestylers that are ranked in the senior circuit, (while still competing in the NCAA)? I can't seem to find it.
    Lets go Brent!

  9. #27

    Default Re: Machida #1 contender?

    I'm especially interested in the high schooler that is ranked in the fresestyle senior ranking! Who is it???
    Lets go Brent!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •