Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Beatdown

Default Re: Beatdown

I mean what if one guy is a better fighter than the other? What if one guy trains MMA? What if one guy is more sober than the other? Stronger? Better endurance, etc? What is this fairness in fights you speak of, pj?
    Lets go Brent!

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    I mean what if one guy is a better fighter than the other? What if one guy trains MMA? What if one guy is more sober than the other? Stronger? Better endurance, etc? What is this fairness in fights you speak of, pj?
    Thats why I have nothing but disgust for street fights. Most fights are not fair fights and that can often times lead to terrible outcomes. I can see no upside to a street fight. The best case scenario is you prove you are a street thug tough guy.

I think its pathetic that a professional fighter would not have more self control. Its one thing to defend yourself or a friend or family member its another to beat someone senseless.

I like mma because its two trained consenting adults who have been approved by a governing body to fight. There are referees, doctors, coaches, and other forms of medical care available all to make sure someone doesnt get their head stomped in after they are defenseless.

Beating up on people in the streets doesnt make you tough. I dunno I guess i dont have the street thug or meathead mentality that you do adolf.

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    That guy was shorter than me!! Of course he was not nearly as put together as I am nor was he half the athlete either.

My uncle is 5'2 205lbs but that does not mean that he would be in a fair fight with Rampage. Villasenor was taking out his anger at not fighting in the ufc by beating up on some short dumpy guy who was defenseless. If the little fat guy could have exposed Villasenors poor takedowns he could have had a fighting chance on the feet.

Perhaps I should head down to New Mexico and offer Villasenor some help with his wrestling.
    Uh, I kinda doubt that but ok, I doubt that the dude was defenseless, as it appears that he was engaging in a hostile manner, I could see that Smokin Joe didnt want to do it but from the looks of the brawl, it had to happen, unfortunately the Cabbage looking fellow had to suffer.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Thats why I have nothing but disgust for street fights. Most fights are not fair fights and that can often times lead to terrible outcomes. I can see no upside to a street fight. The best case scenario is you prove you are a street thug tough guy.

I think its pathetic that a professional fighter would not have more self control. Its one thing to defend yourself or a friend or family member its another to beat someone senseless.

I like mma because its two trained consenting adults who have been approved by a governing body to fight. There are referees, doctors, coaches, and other forms of medical care available all to make sure someone doesnt get their head stomped in after they are defenseless.

Beating up on people in the streets doesnt make you tough. I dunno I guess i dont have the street thug or meathead mentality that you do adolf.
    I see, you would allowed your boy to fight two guys, one with a bottle. I'd rather have Smokin Joe in my corner, he made sure his boy was one on one, (still had to fight a guy wielding a bottle) but at least it wasn't 2 on 1.

And let me guess, you would have just done enough to deter the fight, not pounded the individual into submission, so that he couldn't get up and then retrieve a weapon. I see you know little to nothing about combat. You are much better off sticking to your bjj classes where you can just quick tap as soon as you're caught and you don't have to worry any more.

That was guts personified there by both Smokin Joe and his boy. Only thing I would like to have seen is his boy finish the other dude off so he didn't have a chance to run up and cause unneeded damage.

Now I know why thecobra declined your offer to hang out with you and your crew, you guys are afraid of backing each other up if someone attacks you. Put me down for not being interested in hanging out with p jersey either. I'll give you that at least we know where your heart is.
    Lets go Brent!

I see, you would allowed your boy to fight two guys, one with a bottle. I'd rather have Smokin Joe in my corner, he made sure his boy was one on one, (still had to fight a guy wielding a bottle) but at least it wasn't 2 on 1.

And let me guess, you would have just done enough to deter the fight, not pounded the individual into submission, so that he couldn't get up and then retrieve a weapon. I see you know little to nothing about combat. You are much better off sticking to your bjj classes where you can just quick tap as soon as you're caught and you don't have to worry any more.

That was guts personified there by both Smokin Joe and his boy. Only thing I would like to have seen is his boy finish the other dude off so he didn't have a chance to run up and cause unneeded damage.

Now I know why thecobra declined your offer to hang out with you and your crew, you guys are afraid of backing each other up if someone attacks you. Put me down for not being interested in hanging out with p jersey either. I'll give you that at least we know where your heart is.
    haha guts personified.

While I dont necessarily agree with street fights, sometimes they have to happen. I've gotten in my fair share over the years but believe me there was a reason for each of them.

www.euromitsu.com

That's wrere PJ differs from how you and I think, Pimach. He thinks that street fights are about being tough or proving you are macho. Many times, (this case for example) they are about survival. Sure Joey could have done a PJ and proclaimed himself above street fighting and let his boy get housed, (that means his fcuking ass kicked) by 2 guys, (including 1 with a bottle) or he could have fought and fought hard, ensuring both him and his boy made it home safe. It's just a different way of thinking, as he admits. He's of the quick tap generation, you and I are a bit more old school.
    Lets go Brent!

I don't know where Claudale disappeared to since losing our Matyushenko/Noguiera bet, however, I do have to give him props. If you all recall, when thecobra went to visit him in Philadelphia, Claudale took 2 hand guns with him, just in case they got into trouble and had to defend themselves. That's a friend and that's being a man. PJ would have simply left a friend in need to fend for himself because street fights sicken him and they don't prove who is tough. Interesting concept.
    Lets go Brent!

That's wrere PJ differs from how you and I think, Pimach. He thinks that street fights are about being tough or proving you are macho. Many times, (this case for example) they are about survival. Sure Joey could have done a PJ and proclaimed himself above street fighting and let his boy get housed, (that means his fcuking ass kicked) by 2 guys, (including 1 with a bottle) or he could have fought and fought hard, ensuring both him and his boy made it home safe. It's just a different way of thinking, as he admits. He's of the quick tap generation, you and I are a bit more old school.
    Yeah, I guess thats how they roll east of the Mississippi.

The Southwest rocks!!!

www.euromitsu.com