Thread: ESPN's Fedor Pound For Pound Polls

Default ESPN's Fedor Pound For Pound Polls

http://espn.go.com/mma/
    Here's the polls

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/fl...a&pollId=66840
    Here's the Map of People who had voted around US and the rest of World

just check the Map and you will see that US Fans havent had an idea who Fedor is or been Brainwash by Dana the Clown about his Pound for Pound List...Majority of the US Fans Voted NO but Majority of the International Fans Voted Yes, so It Reveals that Majority of the US fans are Dana Ballshuggers and TUF Noobs

Default Re: ESPN's Fedor Pound For Pound Polls

Only Lesnar's home state thinks he is #1

True, the average fan listens to Dana and believes MMA doesn't exist outside of the UFC. Affliction put on a super card and people didn't give it a try (many didn't know about it also)
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Only Lesnar's home state thinks he is #1

True, the average fan listens to Dana and believes MMA doesn't exist outside of the UFC. Affliction put on a super card and people didn't give it a try (many didn't know about it also)
    The PPV wasn't that great. There were no competitive fights. The production sucked. The commentary made me long for freakin' Goldberg...EITHER OF THEM. The only thing that made it interesting was, shockingly, Fedor looked like he might be in trouble...and then had an early candidate for KO of the Year. Peope are seriously overrating this card.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

As to the friggin moronic bot who posted this, having different opinions doesn't make people "ballhuggers." It's a perfectly valid opinion to feel that GSP/Anderson Silva/BJ Penn is the best P4P fighter in the world. Can we ban this idiotic bot?
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    As to the friggin moronic bot who posted this, having different opinions doesn't make people "ballhuggers." It's a perfectly valid opinion to feel that GSP/Anderson Silva/BJ Penn is the best P4P fighter in the world. Can we ban this idiotic bot?
    Well said Zapp. Saved me the trouble of having to write a very similar comment to our blog starter.

Put me down for No on this poll. Fedor has disposed of two UFC has beens in the last 2 years, and suddenly he's the best p 4 p fighter in the world??? I don't think so.
    Lets go Brent!

Zapp - why does this thread bother you?

The matchups were great matchups, its unfortunate Lindland was caught early, as was AA (not as early though).

UFC has had plenty of bad main events, like Silva's last fight. But that's not the UFC's fault if we thought it was a good matchup

The fact that so few people voted for Fedor shows how few of them know him and how many of them listen to Dana. The PPV's also show how many people follow the UFC vs anyone else no matter who is fighting
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Zapp - why does this thread bother you?

The matchups were great matchups, its unfortunate Lindland was caught early, as was AA (not as early though).

UFC has had plenty of bad main events, like Silva's last fight. But that's not the UFC's fault if we thought it was a good matchup

The fact that so few people voted for Fedor shows how few of them know him and how many of them listen to Dana. The PPV's also show how many people follow the UFC vs anyone else no matter who is fighting
    The matchups were good matchups, on paper. So it was a good card. But in the execution, it's judged on it's own merits, and the fights just weren't that engaging. What do you mean the fact that so few voted for Fedor? It was like 39%. That means 61% felt that it was (probably) either Anderson, BJ, GSP, or (apparently sillily) Brock Lesnar. It seems to me that that out of a pool of 4 legitimate contenders, Fedor getting almost 40% of the support means a significant portion of people DO know who he is. It isn't indicative of "ballhugging" or "Dana-philism", it's an indication of "variance of opinion."

Anderson, BJ and GSP have lost more recently than Fedor has (and his loss was due to a cut and he avenged it later). I generally have a problem giving PFP to a heavyweight (since they can't go up a weight) but he is usually the smaller of the 2 guys in the ring and has a lot of ways to beat people.

And of the other 3 mentioned, only BJ has proven himself at higher weights.

My comment is just that the average fan (most of them) don't know mma outside of the UFC. I know people who watch most UFCs and will say "what's that" if you mention Affliction and Fedor is a name they have heard but is someone they haven't watched.

It's really too bad that more people are fans of guys like Ryan Schultz and Chris Horodecki, when they gave us some great fights IFL fights we could watch for free.

Seems to me that not only are all the other big promotions going away, but the little shows are happening less and less (ones where quality guys are used). A lot of good guys will be on the outside looking in.

Anderson, BJ and GSP have lost more recently than Fedor has (and his loss was due to a cut and he avenged it later). I generally have a problem giving PFP to a heavyweight (since they can't go up a weight) but he is usually the smaller of the 2 guys in the ring and has a lot of ways to beat people.

And of the other 3 mentioned, only BJ has proven himself at higher weights.

My comment is just that the average fan (most of them) don't know mma outside of the UFC. I know people who watch most UFCs and will say "what's that" if you mention Affliction and Fedor is a name they have heard but is someone they haven't watched.

It's really too bad that more people are fans of guys like Ryan Schultz and Chris Horodecki, when they gave us some great fights IFL fights we could watch for free.

Seems to me that not only are all the other big promotions going away, but the little shows are happening less and less (ones where quality guys are used). A lot of good guys will be on the outside looking in.
    It's a matter of opinion. Calling people Dana ballhuggers because they feel that the smaller guys are fighting at a higher level/against more skilled competition. I'm not here to say Fedor doesn't deserve to be # 1 P4P. It's an opinion. In my opinion, he is not. I'm simply disputing the idiotic first post, which opines that if you think anyone but Fedor is # 1, you are an idiotic ballhugger.