Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Josh Barnett: "Freddie Roach is Gonna Eat Crow"

Default Re: Josh Barnett: "Freddie Roach is Gonna Eat Crow"

This is why Arlovski wants to switch to boxing, because they make the other fighters wear big frigging pads on their fists.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Fedor through a Hail Mary punch, and he beat Arlovski. No excuses from me, I knew that eventually Fedor would touch that chin and Arlovski would go into a coma. But in regards to the majority of the striking, Arlovski was superior. He took a high risk move, and paid in the ultimate way (within the sport.)

Besides, he didn't only train with Roach, Roach was just his striking trainer.
    Yup I was just kind of making light of the fact that you were mocking Barnett for defending Fedors striking. In the end Fedor got the ko not Arlovski so I guess Barnett critiques arent so bad after all.

AA was sticking and moving well. He looked much sharper than Fedor standing, but all it takes is one shot and lights out.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Just another opponent that started out fast only to be finished within the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Just another opponent that started out fast only to be finished within the first round.
    Word.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Round of 12

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Looks like going to a boxer trainer for mma is not the way to go.
    AA lost because, he used an absurd MMA move, he was winning when he was boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by oc View Post
    AA lost because, he used an absurd MMA move, he was winning when he was boxing.
    It wasn't that absurd. He thought Fedor was wobbled and potentially going for a takedown to get out of the standup battle while wobbled. Fedor staggered backwards, then dropped his head as though he might be going for a takedown - throwing a knee there is not that uncommon and actually a pretty good idea. Unfortunately for AA, Fedor dipped his head and threw a looping right hand instead.

Shea Stadium
    1964 - 2008

http://www.theopenmat.com/