Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edgar vs. Sherk @ ufc 98

Default Re: Edgar vs. Sherk @ ufc 98

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    He was outbulled by Grey Maynard and I can see the same thing happening here.

Any talk of Frankie dropping to 145 and the WEC?
    BTW, any one know any new on Maynard?
    Maynard is fighting Jim Miller at UFC 96.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    He was outbulled by Grey Maynard and I can see the same thing happening here.

Any talk of Frankie dropping to 145 and the WEC?
    BTW, any one know any new on Maynard?
    i'm not saying maynard is any better or worse than sherk as a fighter, but his wrestling is much better than sherks and used that advantage to push edgar around. if edgar did put on some good weight he won't get bulled around by sherk.

i don't think there is any chance edgar drops to 145. i suppose if the ufc starts to include 145 he might consider it?

Quote Originally Posted by gutfirst View Post
    i heard edgar has put on some weight and may be a legit 155 lber. if so i think he'll be fine against sherk once the size disadvantage is removed.
    I heard the same. Wedding cake...

Quote Originally Posted by gutfirst View Post
    i'm not saying maynard is any better or worse than sherk as a fighter, but his wrestling is much better than sherks and used that advantage to push edgar around. if edgar did put on some good weight he won't get bulled around by sherk.

i don't think there is any chance edgar drops to 145. i suppose if the ufc starts to include 145 he might consider it?
    I think that would be a mistake - I think the UFC wants to keep the best little guys in the WEC. Uriah wants to go to 155 for the extra publicity you get in the UFC. Guys in the WEC aren't paid well and I doubt they can count on great sponsorships either.

I could see this fight going either way. Sherk has short arms and always throws bombs that don't reach, I could see Edgar winning the standup and then setup takedowns.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White