Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rampage vs Jardine at UFC 96

Default Rampage vs Jardine at UFC 96

http://mmajunkie.com/news/13742/keit...6-in-march.mma

Personally I am a little bummed by this -- I was hoping to see Rampage vs Rashad.

Is anyone planning on going to UFC 96? It's held in conjunction with the Arnold Sports Festival. I'll probably be at the grappling tourney there so I might see if I can go to UFC that night!

Default Re: Rampage vs Jardine at UFC 96

I too am a little dissapointed that it is not against Rashad but I guess Evans said he would not be ready by that date.

The one good thing coming out of this is my man Machida will probably get the next title shot after he squashes Silva.

I don't see the appeal of this match up, really. Jardine is coming off of a split decision win after being brutally KO'd by Wanderlei. Rampage is coming off brutally KOing Wanderlei. The matchmaking doesn't make much sense.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

It is essentially a case them not having a main event and needing to throw something together.

Rampage does not have much to gain from this and its kind of a weird situation for Jardine as well. If Jardine beats Rampage he still cant get a title shot as Evans is the champ and they have said they will never fight.

Rampage is a horrilble match up for Jardine. Props to him for taking the fihgt, but he stands little chance of winning and it is likely that he'll end up on a high light real again. A Rampage win should lead to a title shot.
    Lets go Brent!

Adolfo the people at my gym who train with Carwin said that if he beats Gonzaga he would fight the winner of Kongo/Velasquez in a number one contender fight. Can you look into the situation and see if Kongo is indeed fighting Velasquez.

Velasquez has a fight in a couple of weeks but that is just a gimme fight to get him some recognition.

Redemption for the Dean of Mean. He messes everything up again and beats Rampage.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Quote Originally Posted by gjfovf View Post
    Redemption for the Dean of Mean. He messes everything up again and beats Rampage.
    Two things favor Jardine:
    1. Rampage has been known to not train hard at certain fights and I could see him taking this fight lightly.
    2. Rampage has never learned how to check a leg kick. Jardine has great kicks so I am sure he will be throwing them non-stop until Rampage adjusts.

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Adolfo the people at my gym who train with Carwin said that if he beats Gonzaga he would fight the winner of Kongo/Velasquez in a number one contender fight. Can you look into the situation and see if Kongo is indeed fighting Velasquez.

Velasquez has a fight in a couple of weeks but that is just a gimme fight to get him some recognition.
    I'm hearing Hardonk.
    Lets go Brent!