Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC 76: Knockout

Default UFC 76: Knockout

Chuck Liddell v. Keith Jardine
    Shogun Rua v. Forrest Griffin
    Jon Fitch v. Diego Sanchez
    Lyota Machida v. Kazuhiro Nakamura
    Tyson Griffin v. Thiago Tavares

Another solid card, this one snuck up on at least me a little bit, I had almost forgotten about it until the seventeen thousand promo's (that all described Diego as 19 and ONNNNNNNNNNNNNE) that were on last night.

I'll take Chuck by KO, Shogun by sub, and then Fitch, Machida, and Griffin by decision.
    Last edited by JensenS; 09-20-2007 at 11:32 AM.

Default Re: UFC 76: Knockout

http://mmajunkie.com/2007/09/22/ufc-...nd-commentary/

Live results can be found here, under card is apparently supposed to start at 8 eastern.

Also read that Rogan has said if Chuck wins, Wanderlei is going to be brought down to the Octagon to call him out for a match up in December. Hope it goes better for him than it did last time they tried this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs5XObmF2TA

Undercard results
    Rich Clementi def. Anthony Johnson via submission (guillotine choke) ? Round 2, 3:05
    Jeremy Stephens def. Diego Saraiva via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
    Christian Wellisch def. Scott Junk via submission (heel hook) ? Round 1, 3:19
    Matt Wiman def. Michihiro Omigawa (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)

Griffin beats Tavares by UD in what sounded like an absolutely wild fight.

Machida shuts out Nakamura on all three judges cards to pull off the UD, BJ gave Machida a tougher go when he was hopped up on burritos than Nakamura did.
    Last edited by JensenS; 09-22-2007 at 10:43 PM.

Fitch wins a split decision over Diego.

He's Nineteen, and TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Forrest chokes out Shogun, can't wait to see the video of this.

God apparently doesn't want us to see Silva v. Liddell as Jardine just won by split decision.

I have no idea who they wind up giving to Rampage next now.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Forrest chokes out Shogun, can't wait to see the video of this.
    Absolutely fantastic fight. It was all over the place in the first round - stand up with punches and kicks flying, on the ground with the fighters trading control, etc. By the third round, both men got cut, but Shogun was bleeding like crazy. With Forrest, it kind of just seemed like the bleeding he does in every fight, though it was a new cut. Forrest just dominated the third round, and slipped in the RNC with just seconds left in the match.