Thread: Jake Rosholt

Default Jake Rosholt

He was extremely impressive on the ground, I thought this guy was going to give him some trouble with submissions but that wasnt the case.

However he seemed completely and utterly lost on his feet, is anyone else surprised by how clueless he seemed when he wasnt throwing his opponent to the mat?
    Gold is an idiot.

Default Re: Jake Rosholt

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    He was extremely impressive on the ground, I thought this guy was going to give him some trouble with submissions but that wasnt the case.

However he seemed completely and utterly lost on his feet, is anyone else surprised by how clueless he seemed when he wasnt throwing his opponent to the mat?
    yes and yes. It is a bad sign for your striking coach when your best assett on your feet is how well you handle getting punched.

As for the ground work, extremely impressive. I don't think there is anyone out there at 185 he can't put on the ground, and before long there won't be many he can't hurt once he puts them there.

He just needs to be told he is aloud to dodge and/or block punches. He looked a dormant rock and sock robot on his feet.

Agree on all counts, very impressive energy and great groundwork but that guy must have landed 80% of his punches! Definitely needs to improve there, and quickly...

Someone mentioned that Couture had said Rosholt was a natural striker or something like that. He certainly didn't show it here. He is very good on the ground, but he was in danger a few times - not extreme danger but there were moments. He's got a lot of potential but as he said himself, needs to continue working in a few areas. Curious to see who he gets next.

Shea Stadium
    1964 - 2008

http://www.theopenmat.com/

Thats why I was confused when people on themat were saying he has great stand up. From what I had read from his coaches he has a loooong way to go and it showed.

Needs a crash course in head movement and boxing defense.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

I'm surprised he wasn't getting takedowns easier than he was. Big heart, but a few times it looked like he might lose.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

He need to train with A. Silva on the head movement. He looked good, but did have his moments of danger. Good win though...

I thought he looked terrible on his feet. Nissen looked impressive on the ground and I think his ground game would have worked aginst anyone at the level other than a DI Champ.

I also think Rosholt needs a new hairdo. He looked goofy and everytime he got punched his hair flying everywhere made the punch look more powerful.