Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC needs to challenge Silva (Yahoo! Sports)

Default Re: UFC needs to challenge Silva (Yahoo! Sports)

Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan View Post
    I think both fighters were initially looking to counter - hence, very little action - and Silva was trying to extend the fight against someone he obviously thought he could easily beat. However, he also didn't seem to understand how to do that and still win the rounds - he was giving away those rounds by not engaging. I don't think he was befuddled by Cote but looking to stop any Cote offense and then turn it on later. Unfortunately, we never got to later.

And, I wholeheartedly agree regarding the refs running their mouths - especially in the Maynard/Clementi fight. That guy was calling for action when they were actually in motion battling for position!
    Like ever 5 seconds - was annoying, like a jockey whipping a horse as often as he could.

You think Silva was trying to let the fight go on? I don't know why he waited so much time before taking any shots, Cote couldn't really get through his reach anyways the way AS moves

Terrible main event - 2 boring rounds and a self inflicted TKO.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Would looooooove to see Silva take Bisping down a notch or ten.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Trust me when I tell you, we will see this fight again.

Mark - that's everyone's dream here except for PJ's
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

i wanna see Hendo get another shot. i thought he was doing fine until he got kneed and taken down.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    i wanna see Hendo get another shot. i thought he was doing fine until he got kneed and taken down.
    He won the first round. He stood too much with him, without being hurt first standing, he never would have ended up on the bottom against AS.

Lindland doesn't have Dan's chin, but he would take every opportunity he had to get a takedown.

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Trust me when I tell you, we will see this fight again.

Mark - that's everyone's dream here except for PJ's
    I hold no ill will towards mr bisping. But once franklin beats henderson he will dispose of bisping.

Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    I hold no ill will towards mr bisping. But once franklin beats henderson he will dispose of bisping.

Posted via Mobile Device
    I'm not sure Franklin will beat Dan and I'm sure Bisping will attempt to dance against either of them hoping to win a UK decision that way.

GSP got his first title shot when he didn't want it - no one holds that against him? Dana should force him to take that fight the way it appeared he was going to force him to rematch Hamill. Bisping wouldn't be done as a fighter for losing.

Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan View Post
    I think both fighters were initially looking to counter - hence, very little action - and Silva was trying to extend the fight against someone he obviously thought he could easily beat. However, he also didn't seem to understand how to do that and still win the rounds - he was giving away those rounds by not engaging. I don't think he was befuddled by Cote but looking to stop any Cote offense and then turn it on later. Unfortunately, we never got to later.

And, I wholeheartedly agree regarding the refs running their mouths - especially in the Maynard/Clementi fight. That guy was calling for action when they were actually in motion battling for position!

We see it sort of the same, except for the not knowing how to win the rounds. Silva was up 2-0 rounds when the end came.. I think Silva was trying to carry Cote, perhaps since his fights end so quickly and not wanting to disappoint the fans who showed up to see some action. I think Silva realized he wasn't doing a good job of carrying him and instead the fans were getting restless. Towards the end of the 2nd round, it looked like Silva turned it on and decided to bring the heat . I was texting with a friend and told him it would end shortly, early in the third. We then see Cote come out and wilt under the pressure. Lets not blame Silva for Cote's old injury not holding up. Silva did his part and was looking to end it. It is Coe who could not stand up to the Spider.
    Lets go Brent!

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    I'm not sure Franklin will beat Dan and I'm sure Bisping will attempt to dance against either of them hoping to win a UK decision that way.

GSP got his first title shot when he didn't want it - no one holds that against him? Dana should force him to take that fight the way it appeared he was going to force him to rematch Hamill. Bisping wouldn't be done as a fighter for losing.
    Franklin/henderson should be a good fight but I thinl franklin will win.

If bisping beats one of those guys he will be fine with a title shot. I am sure he is not as worried now as silva is more content with doing the brazilian jig rathee then fight.

I am still baffled by your dislike of bisping. I have started compiling quotes of a multitude of fighters who said they don't need a title shot yet. Its a very common thing and I tend to agree with bisping. He needs a big win to earn the title shot and a win over franklin would do exactly that.

Posted via Mobile Device