Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Johny Hendricks

Default Re: Johny Hendricks

If he were to fight GSP anytime soon he would get pummeled. I like that the UFC has brought him along slowly, he is talented and has a bright future but is not ready for the elite yet.

Johny is the modern day Dan Henderson... Beli dat!
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    If he were to fight GSP anytime soon he would get pummeled. I like that the UFC has brought him along slowly, he is talented and has a bright future but is not ready for the elite yet.
    As long as they continue to bring him along like they have I think he will be ready for GSP when it happens.

I do think Hendricks will be a top five guy in the next year or so, but i dont think he ever gets to GSPS level at least not while GSP in his prime.

Mayor of Bringsburg homerdindon's Avatar

i actually like hendricks even though I hated him in college, as did just about everyone. But he won't ever get to GSPs current level. In like 5 years when GSP starts getting old they might be at similar levels. Also, if Koscheck got outwrestled by GSP, i don't see Hendricks outwrestling him.
    "Now class, I'd like for you to transition from downward dog....straight to FULL BRING!!!"

I personally felt Johny was a higher level pure wrestler than Kos. But it has not translated that way in mma as such. I had Johny just a short notch below Askren, and I do mean short. Its hard to tell how wrestling translates in mma from one fighter to the next.

I too hated Johny. Maybe because of that dufus TD97 from the Mat.com days. Now I find him a very likeable guy.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Yeah right. When was the last time GSP pummeled anyone? He's been racking up LNP victories as of late.

Hendricks has exceptional takedowns, even for a national champion. He's stong and his striking is solid too.

If GSP took him down, he'd be too worried about being reversed to open up on him. He'd just be attempting submissions.

I also think he'd take the standup really conservatively, fearing Hendricks power.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Hendricks hanging with GSP...LOL GSP is an absolute freak of nature. There is no way Hendricks makes it through a fight with him. I like Hendricks, and he is progressing well, but please don't compare him to arguably the top fighter in the world.

Watch him fight Koscheck in December. I like Kos, and Kos would easily beat Hendricks right now, but I get the feeling Kos will be beaten to a pulp by GSP after all the smack he has been talking in this season of TUF.

Well, Hendricks lost tonight. I know that 15 minutes is a long time to be going all-out, but to be honest JH didn't look like a world class wrestler in this one. I don't know a thing about the Story guy that beat him, but he looked like the better wrestler.