Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen and Anderson Silva!!!

Default Chael Sonnen and Anderson Silva!!!

Let me start off first of all by saying this: Wow!! I have never seen anyone take the fight like that to Silva ever before. I have never seen anyone beat up Silva that much before ever!!
    Chael Sonnen was all pretty much true to his words when he said he was the best and that he would beat Anderson Silva. For 4 1/2 rounds Chael just completely kicked Silva's ass. He took him down at will and completely controlled him. Chael was even out striking Silva in the beginning of each round. But with just 2 minutes left in the fight and Chael destined win with unanimous decision, he lets his damn guard down for just once and Silva slips in the leg triangle and wins the fight. You can argue that Sonnen did't fully tap, but you know he didn't want to. He knew he screwed up badly.
    If Chael just kept on working for just 2 minutes he would've been the new middleweight champion, but he didn't. Overall, I thought this was a great amazing fight. This fight turned out to be completely different from what I expected it to be. Chael deserved to win the fight and he should have won it, but he made one little stupid mistake and lost. I just hope Dana White arranges a re-match, which I know he will, because we have never seen anyone dominate Silva like that before and there probably isn't anyone else except for Chael Sonnen. That was just defintely one of the greatest fights I have ever seen and there could've and should've been a new UFC middleweight champion!
    Anderson Silva should defintely be worried, because Chael Sonnen is defintely the answer to defeating Anderson Silva and he is going to come back even harder and beat Silva!!
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

Default Re: Chael Sonnen and Anderson Silva!!!

Silva's days are numbered it seems. I feel bad for Sonnen- what an awful way to lose.

I hope Silva continues to still fight in the UFC. I'd like to think that Silva isn't slowing down just so that we can see more matchups against him and to see if anyone can fight him like Sonnen did. But yea, Sonnen does deserve a rematch, which hopefully he can win, which he should.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

I think Chael exposed Silva. Silva didn't like getting hit and he has NO takedown defense. Instant rematch should be granted. Belfort can wait.

Silva has been hit before, and been fine. The only time he was truly wobbled was in round 1, and even then it seemed he was more knocked off balance. Chael worked him, but didn't really hurt him, in my mind. I'm not sure you can say Chael exposed him, since who else at MW is going to be able to implement that gameplan against Anderson?
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Your only real possibility will probably be Jake Shields, but I don't think his stand up is good enough to where he can stand in there with Silva even to the point that Chael did before he goes and looks for the TD.

Did anyone else notice that Andersons face was neither cut nor swollen? How is this even possible? The dude also was hardly sweating..
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Does anyone think that Anderson Silva could've just been messing with Chael? Like, prolonging the fight just to keep viewers happy and all that? I mean, he did have his hands pretty low in the beginning on stand up. Maybe his plan was to just submit Chael. He did diss jiu jitsu and all that jazz, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy3275 View Post
    Does anyone think that Anderson Silva could've just been messing with Chael? Like, prolonging the fight just to keep viewers happy and all that? I mean, he did have his hands pretty low in the beginning on stand up. Maybe his plan was to just submit Chael. He did diss jiu jitsu and all that jazz, lol.
    I personally don't think so. I think he couldn't stop the takedowns and couldn't get up. If he was messing with him, then it was the best job of toying with someone I've ever seen. I think Chael would win a rematch.