Thread: Tito Ortiz Has Neck Surgery Uses Video As Evidence to Doubters

World Champ

Star Tito Ortiz Has Neck Surgery Uses Video As Evidence to Doubters

As expected, Tito Ortiz announced last night on “The Ultimate Fighter 11″ he will be forced to relinquish coaching duties immediately in order to undergo neck surgery.

“The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” states that one of the discs in his back is pressing on his spinal cord, causing his legs to tingle—which makes it impossible for him to sleep.

Ortiz had extensive back surgery in October 2008, however his doctor informed him his impending procedure will be “10 to 15 percent easier.”

“If I keep chancing myself or fighting injured, I’m going to hurt myself worse,” Ortiz said. “I”m not going to make the same mistake I’ve made before. I’m not going to let Chuck [Liddell] beat me because I wasn’t 100 percent. No way.”

The foes were slated to complete their trilogy once filming wrapped on the reality show. However, it appears this longstanding feud will be put on the back burner.

Rich Franklin replaced Ortiz as TUF 11 coach, and he and Liddell are set to headline UFC 115 on June 12.

Please click the media player below to watch Ortiz go under the knife.

Don’t forget to follow 5thRound.com on Twitter @5thRound , and visit 5thRound.com for more UFC news.

Default Re: Tito Ortiz Has Neck Surgery Uses Video As Evidence to Doubters

“I”m not going to make the same mistake I’ve made before. I’m not going to let Chuck [Liddell] beat me because I wasn’t 100 percent. No way.”

What an excuse giving puss. Who fights 100%?
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

his career is over.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

The guy gets on my nerves from time to time, but I understand where he's coming from gotta protect your health and well-being first and foremost.

The puss is trying to excuse his losses in the past on injuries...
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

I wouldn't care so much if he hadn't wasted our time on the show. He says even before the Forrest fight he's been "having numbness all down his right side"...basically, that tells me Chuck is right, he had no intention of fighting him, and he just wanted the exposure to restart his career a bit.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    He had no intention of fighting him, and he just wanted the exposure to restart his career a bit.
    Can you blame him for that? I can't, for just awhile he was current once more....and I saw the Team Punishment logo as he was leaving as did many others. I for one was surprised when Dana brought him back into the UFC, but at the time I chalked it up to Dana not wanting his competition to have one of the UFC's living room names.....and I still feel that way.