Thread: Tim Sylvia: "I'd Like to Be with Strikeforce or UFC"

World Champ

Star Tim Sylvia: "I'd Like to Be with Strikeforce or UFC"

In an interview on Sherdog Radio Network's Savage Dog Show, former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia touched on many subjects including fan perception, his recent win over Mariusz Pudzianowski, and his future in the sport.

When asked about weighing 305 pounds for his recent fight, Sylvia stated, "I did that on purpose. I wanted to be heavy for the fight. I wanted to be as big as he was."

Sylvia also said that when he fought in the UFC he was usually around 275, and that he would cut the last ten pounds.

Sylvia also responded to his own claim of being "a legend in MMA."

"I know no one else has been a five-time UFC heavyweight champ besides Randy (Couture)."

On the topic of his relationship with fans, he expressed, "I am who I am. I’ve made statements and stuff. If you hate me, I hate you. I don’t care. I don’t care if you don’t like me, to be honest with you. That’s just the way it is."

Undaunted, Sylvia still has goals in this sport.

“I’d like to think (by) 2011,” Sylvia stated, “I’d like to be with Strikeforce or UFC.”

Default Re: Tim Sylvia: "I'd Like to Be with Strikeforce or UFC"

Brett Rogers vs Tim Sylvia! Make it happen.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

By the way. A good friend of mine bumped into him at an airport. Let's just say Tim was not too social. My friend found him to be very standoffish.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

every time sylvia speaks i shake my head.

For some reason, I like him. My wife doesn't because she says he's ugly. But if Jens Pulver says he's a good guy, then I have to believe he is.

The way the heavyweight division is in the UFC I don't see him making it back, and if he does make it back I don't see him being back for long. I could see him in Strikeforce though and being able to stay there for awhile, but while Overeem and Fedor are still in Strikeforce I don't see him getting the belt.