Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belfort vs Mousasi in Affliction 2

Default Belfort vs Mousasi in Affliction 2

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.u...=1136&offset=0

DREAM middleweight champion Gegard Mousasi expects to face Vitor Belfort on Affliction?s next MMA show in January. Speaking to Fighters Only this week, he revealed that the US organisation wants him to fight the Brazilian, while Red Devil team mate Fedor Emelianenko may face Josh Barnett.
    ?I?m going to train with Fedor in preparation for Affliction in January,? he said. ?I think it is Fedor against Josh Barnett and they want me to fight Vitor Belfort.?
    Mousasi is part of the Red Devil International team and he shares a manager with Fedor in the shape of Vadim Finkelstein.
    As well as training with Fedor, he will continue to train in his own gym in the Netherlands.
    ?[I have] some very good friends who each has a specialty ? wrestling, judo, jiu jitsu and so on,? he explains. ?If I need extra training I sometimes to go to other gyms in Holland.?
    Josh Barnett seems to be a popular name in the Emelianenko household ? earlier this week, Aleksander told Fighters Only that he wanted a rematch with the American catch wrestler.
    Affliction has yet to reveal a line-up for its January event but Vitor Belfort has told Brazil?s Tatame magazine that he has been contacted and offered a fight.

Default Re: Belfort vs Mousasi in Affliction 2

I caught wind of this a few months ago. Guess it was just finalized. I was told that Akiyama turned down the fight with Gegard. Interesting huh?

Gegard by domination.

Lets go Vitor
    Lets go Brent!

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    Lets go Vitor
    Vitor will either get KO'd or Submitted.

Quote Originally Posted by RyannVonDoom View Post
    Vitor will either get KO'd or Submitted.
    oh.
    Lets go Brent!

oh.
    Yep. It will be domination. I called him winning the GP.

Very well, thank you for the tip. I will wager my money based on your input. Perhaps an invitation to my Ocean Side, CA estate is in order Mr. VonDoom. If you are correct and I come up a good 10 dimes or so, you will be the guest of honor at the next Affliction show viewing in my home. Please leave Mr. Money at home, however. Thank you.
    Lets go Brent!

Very well, thank you for the tip. I will wager my money based on your input. Perhaps an invitation to my Ocean Side, CA estate is in order Mr. VonDoom. If you are correct and I come up a good 10 dimes or so, you will be the guest of honor at the next Affliction show viewing in my home. Please leave Mr. Money at home, however. Thank you.
    I'm heading up to canada soon. Wont be here for the fights.

Looks like this will be at the next affliction show. Honestly not sure why it didnt happen before.. Guess they wanted Gegard to embarass Tito a bit more on the mic.