Thread: Dana White Still Butthurt Over The CBS Deal

Default Dana White Still Butthurt Over The CBS Deal

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...hitereax041910

White said he believes the Strikeforce brawl occurred because CBS didn?t align itself with the UFC. He said he had a tentative deal with CBS, but said that Showtime executives talked CBS into buying into the now-defunct Elite XC instead of agreeing to broadcast UFC fights.

The result, White said, was that an inferior product was put on national television. ?Of course, everyone thinks I?m anti-competition, but I?m not,? White said. ?But everyone knows that they didn?t belong on CBS. Even if you?re the biggest UFC hater out there, you know that. Shame on CBS for this. They knew they should have been with us, but they went out and let those Showtime idiots talk them into going with Elite XC.

?Now, they?re stuck with a bush league, C-level promotion that will probably be out of business next month,? he added. ?And what you saw on Saturday is the kind of thing that happens when you put a product like that on national television.?

Showtime did not respond to a request for comment on White?s allegations.

Default Re: Dana White Still Butthurt Over The CBS Deal

His delivery is not great but its hard to disagree with the overall message. UFC is the premiere organization which everyone associates mma with. CBS is working with a company that is inferior to the ufc and is new to the big scene. They are learning and making mistakes along the way, mistakes that the ufc no longer makes.

Default Re: Dana White Still Butthurt Over The CBS Deal

They made lots of broadcasting mistakes. Its like they went backwards this past Saturday. Agreed on UFC being the premiere org. They are Division 1, and Dream and Strikeforce combined are Division II or III (depending on your opinion).
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal